Maryland younger team than Gophers

Maryland with 31 frosh, 18 rs frosh, and 16 sophs: 65 1st and 2nd year guys

Minnesota w/ 32 frosh, 26 rs frosh and 3 sophs; 61 1st and 2nd year players

Not that you’re claims haven’t already been shot down, but how did you even come up with the idea that Maryland’s 31+18 was more than Minnesota’s 32+26? PJ always talks just Freshman, you know, the ones that have not ever played college football. So we got more sophs, bfd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maryland with 31 frosh, 18 rs frosh, and 16 sophs: 65 1st and 2nd year guys

Minnesota w/ 32 frosh, 26 rs frosh and 3 sophs; 61 1st and 2nd year players

Question is how many of those young guys are in the two deep depth chart?

How many recruits for each side went to prep schools and are thus a year older than your typical freshmen?
Gophs have a least 3.

Plus, Fa'Alele was probably considered a man at age 10!

PJ always talks just Freshman, you know, the ones that have not ever played college football.

I don't believe this is true. In his presser he'll mention first and second year guys. P.J. likes the youth narrative because if he fails the narrative will protect him against criticism.

I guess 26 of the 63 are on scholarship.
(Nebraska scholarship distribution)
OR
(247 Nebraska scholarship distribution)
For comparison...
(247 Minnesota's scholarship distribution)

Minnesota's roster = 113 (59+21+20+13)
Nebraska's roster = 141? (63+30+29+19)
--
--
I mean, I suppose we could add another 28 more freshman to match Nebraska's roster size.
--
--
Actually that’s down from the Osborn days. Wheel I did a football clinic in Lincoln, Osborn told us they had over 200 players in camp. 90+ walk-ons.

I don't believe this is true. In his presser he'll mention first and second year guys. P.J. likes the youth narrative because if he fails the narrative will protect him against criticism.

It isn’t just a PJ thing. Every coach in the country likes the youth narrative.

It isn’t just a PJ thing. Every coach in the country likes the youth narrative.

Oh I agree. P.J. is being smart looking out for the longevity of his tenure. As any good storyteller he isn't letting the facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Of course, it could never be because he thinks we have a young team that he expects to get better.

This is important because no Jr or Sr has ever made a mistake, missed an assignment or gotten a penalty.

Of course, it could never be because he thinks we have a young team that he expects to get better.

Spot on take. It definitely could never be that.

This looks like a job for the Grown Man Index (as featured on the Pat Reusse radio show!), my patented system for determining which coach has the best opportunity for using the inexperience excuse going into a game.

I calculated the (new & improved) Grown Man Index (GMI) for both teams and determined that the Terrapins have 0.74 more seasons experience per starter on average.

Should the Gophers fall, PJ can choose to use the GMI as an excuse, or he can also claim that they were going up against Maryland's first of four #1 QBs this season. He's spoiled for choices in this one.

You guys have too much time on your hands. For a program that many WI fans say is irrelevant, some of you sure do spend a lot of time on MN.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buc...ek-3-gophers-defeat-miami-calm-do-t96907.html

The season is just 3 weeks old and this one has 506 posts, the equivalent to over 33 pages on gopherhole.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buc...-kicks-into-overdrive-starting-to-t95667.html

You guys have too much time on your hands. For a program that many WI fans say is irrelevant, some of you sure do spend a lot of time on MN.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buc...ek-3-gophers-defeat-miami-calm-do-t96907.html

The season is just 3 weeks old and this one has 506 posts, the equivalent to over 33 pages on gopherhole.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/buc...-kicks-into-overdrive-starting-to-t95667.html

It's not my fault that you guys are so entertaining.

Well that was interesting. Some there seem to know football and are rational. Some have no idea who half their own players are and clearly don't understand the game. Personally I got a laugh out of it, they had a few funny digs.

screenshot is poor. Wisky fan saying it wasn't impressive to beat BYU

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180920-234922.jpg
    Screenshot_20180920-234922.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

I’ve said it before....

Nobody cares more what other people think than Wisky fans. It is the most massive inferiority complex I have ever seen. Desperate for love and affection and attention from the outside. They want so badly to be more relevant but they are what they are. Not at the level of a Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, probably even Nebraska, but they’ve had some nice success.

It's not my fault that you guys are so entertaining.

I knew this would be the response. Your favorite team has a chance to go to the Big Ten Championship just about every season and you’re spending this much time worrying about what we say so you can report it back to your friends?

I have a co-worker who’s a WI and he sent me the links to those two threads. He even commented that you guys are obsessed with us for some reason.

I’ve said it before....

Nobody cares more what other people think than Wisky fans. It is the most massive inferiority complex I have ever seen. Desperate for love and affection and attention from the outside. They want so badly to be more relevant but they are what they are. Not at the level of a Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, probably even Nebraska, but they’ve had some nice success.

Nice thoughts, but they are way behind NDAC in terms of inferiority complex. I know you're an alum, which is why you're diverting the attention to Becky.

Both Maryland and Minnesota have young teams. Hows that.

It is like Holbein The Younger. A young team in name only. It is only a semantics rigmarole that coaches love to chew the cud on in press conferences. Makes for good talking points. Just listen to some of the coach press conferences.

Never seems like the class if 17 gets alot of love, some good players there and most of those guys Fleck flipped from Western Michigan or even some P5 or found on his own. I think the only Claeys guys were instate recruits

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nice thoughts, but they are way behind NDAC in terms of inferiority complex. I know you're an alum, which is why you're diverting the attention to Becky.

An NDSU alum but that is NOT where I played my college FB, it's just where I happened to get my degree; and you've seen rabid defensive and flaming posts from me regarding how great NDSU is? This I would like to see. Truth be told, most of my life I have hated the Bison. Now, I'm an alum, I'm happy they have a great football team, and it stops about there.

I'm a Gopher fan, have never been anything else. Occasionally pointing out how dumb and childish it is for Gopher fans to react so harshly and defensively to the NDSU trolls does NOT make me an "NDSU homer". Sorry. I don't know why anyone on here even responds to any of the Bison fans. It's stupid.

Gee Ogee,

Are you related to James Oglethorpe, the founder of the State of Georgia?

JFC. Against my better judgment, I went and read that sh1tshow. The statement "Tyler Johnson would be the 5th WR on Wisconsin's roster" is possibly the stupidest f-ing thing I've ever read.

Top Bottom