Maryland younger team than Gophers

swingman

Reaction score
Maryland with 31 frosh, 18 rs frosh, and 16 sophs: 65 1st and 2nd year guys

Minnesota w/ 32 frosh, 26 rs frosh and 3 sophs; 61 1st and 2nd year players

Well we already knew that because they have an interim coach. So they are in year -1 right now.

But how many of these start?

A: Minnesota - 6, Maryland - 2

Last edited:

Maryland has had eight first or second year guys start this year.

Okonkwo, Barnes, Jordan, Minor, Fleetwood, McFarlane, Hill, Petrino.

Minnesota has had eight:

Annexstad, Williams, Andries, Douglas, Bateman, Bell, Paulson, T Smith

Maryland has had eight first or second year guys start this year.

Okonkwo, Barnes, Jordan, Minor, Fleetwood, McFarlane, Hill, Petrino.

Minnesota has had eight:

Annexstad, Williams, Andries, Douglas, Bateman, Bell, Paulson, T Smith

Minnesota's youth emphasis must really make you grumpy to make you post on this so much. Do you have any posts where you don't talk about other teams youthfulness or Gopher veteran players?

Did you cross reference their birthdays? We need to know who's truly younger. Check all their birthdays and get back to us. Thanks

It’s been a while. Great to see this bit is still going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you to the posters that take every opportunity to make sure Fleck has no excuses. You truly are doing the Lord’s work.

This looks like a job for the Grown Man Index (as featured on the Pat Reusse radio show!), my patented system for determining which coach has the best opportunity for using the inexperience excuse going into a game.

I calculated the (new & improved) Grown Man Index (GMI) for both teams and determined that the Terrapins have 0.74 more seasons experience per starter on average.

Should the Gophers fall, PJ can choose to use the GMI as an excuse, or he can also claim that they were going up against Maryland's first of four #1 QBs this season. He's spoiled for choices in this one.

This looks like a job for the Grown Man Index (as featured on the Pat Reusse radio show!), my patented system for determining which coach has the best opportunity for using the inexperience excuse going into a game.

I calculated the (new & improved) Grown Man Index (GMI) for both teams and determined that the Terrapins have 0.74 more seasons experience per starter on average.

Should the Gophers fall, PJ can choose to use the GMI as an excuse, or he can also claim that they were going up against Maryland's first of four #1 QBs this season. He's spoiled for choices in this one.

What radio show is that? :cool:

Sixty of the 113 players on the roster (53 percent), for Minnesota, are freshmen or redshirt freshmen — the highest number in the nation — with Virginia in second at 50 percent and Wake Forest third at 49.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Why does any of this matter? They are both young! Let's see who wins the damn game!

How many Gopher players are on the travelling team?

20 of the 22 Maryland starters listed on their depth chart are Jr's and Sr's.

11 of the 22 Minnesota starters listed on their depth chart are Jr's and Sr's.

Maryland is not younger than Minnesota.

Just win. baby. We are off to a very good start. Really want to go to tOSU game 5-0. But if we don't, just beat the Buckeyes!

Certainly no point in playing the game now that we know which team is older, right? They should at least delay the game until the FBI has had time to inspect the birth certificates.

Top Bottom