STrib: Trial by fire

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Trial by fire

When quarterback Zack Annexstad suffered a left knee injury in the first quarter Saturday, he didn’t have to look far for somebody to blame. It was himself.

“He tweaked his ankle a little bit — why? Because he doesn’t make a protection call,” Fleck said. “… I didn’t do a good enough job of coaching it. Coach [Kirk] Ciarrocca didn’t do a good enough job of coaching it. [Annexstad] always makes the call, but he didn’t this time and got his ankle hurt. … But he learned, and he’ll joke with you about it. ‘I learned my lesson with that call. I’m never going to miss that call again.’ ”

Annexstad was cleared by trainers to return to the game and played until late into the third quarter. Fleck on Monday said Annexstad is on track to play in Saturday’s Big Ten opener at Maryland.

“He was back at practice today, every rep,” Fleck said. “That’s what this football team needs.”

http://www.startribune.com/former-gophers-tackle-nick-connelly-battling-cancer/493663101/

Go Gophers!!

per Randy:

Trial by fire

When quarterback Zack Annexstad suffered a left knee injury in the first quarter Saturday, he didn’t have to look far for somebody to blame. It was himself.

“He tweaked his ankle a little bit — why? Because he doesn’t make a protection call,” Fleck said. “… I didn’t do a good enough job of coaching it. Coach [Kirk] Ciarrocca didn’t do a good enough job of coaching it. [Annexstad] always makes the call, but he didn’t this time and got his ankle hurt. … But he learned, and he’ll joke with you about it. ‘I learned my lesson with that call. I’m never going to miss that call again.’ ”

Annexstad was cleared by trainers to return to the game and played until late into the third quarter. Fleck on Monday said Annexstad is on track to play in Saturday’s Big Ten opener at Maryland.

“He was back at practice today, every rep,” Fleck said. “That’s what this football team needs.”

http://www.startribune.com/former-gophers-tackle-nick-connelly-battling-cancer/493663101/

Go Gophers!!

That's interesting. A lot of people, me included, blamed the line for the sack when, in fact, it sounds like a bad protection call by Zack. Shows how much I don't know.

he could have been killed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom