Media Prediction Thread: Minnesota at Maryland

BleedGopher

Reaction score
CFN is first out of the gate:

What’s Going To Happen
With the report coming out on the Maryland program, will that have any influence on how the team plays? Not really.

Minnesota has been terrific, but it’s also playing with fire. There isn’t enough of an offense to overcome even the slightest slip from the defense. After last week’s debacle, watch out for the Terps to turn it around and play far better at home on both sides of the line.

It’ll be a slugfest, but Maryland will hold on late – Minnesota won’t be able to mount a late comeback needed to stay unbeaten.

Fearless Prediction & Line
Maryland 23, Minnesota 17

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/09/minnesota-vs-maryland-fearless-prediction-game-preview

Go Gophers!!

I don't care

What’s Going To Happen
With the report coming out on the Maryland program, will that have any influence on how the team plays? Not really.

Minnesota has been terrific, but it’s also playing with fire. There isn’t enough of an offense to overcome even the slightest slip from the defense. After last week’s debacle, watch out for the Terps to turn it around and play far better at home on both sides of the line.

It’ll be a slugfest, but Maryland will hold on late – Minnesota won’t be able to mount a late comeback needed to stay unbeaten.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/09/minnesota-vs-maryland-fearless-prediction-game-preview

Go Gophers!!

Gophers win going away.

What’s Going To Happen

Go Gophers!!

CFN Hates Minnesota.

What’s Going To Happen

Go Gophers!!

god i read that like we somehow lost last week.... lol

I wasn't able to watch the game last week, what was the debacle with the defense? I read PJ wasn't happy with the performance from them. Was he expecting a shutout?

I wasn't able to watch the game last week, what was the debacle with the defense? I read PJ wasn't happy with the performance from them. Was he expecting a shutout?

They're talking about Maryland's debacle against previously 0-2 Temple. That was supposed to be an easy win for Maryland ... whoops!

TIL we only ran for 118 yards, and our offense is weak.. CFN is a joke.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

TIL we only ran for 118 yards, and our offense is weak.. CFN is a joke.

I mean ... technically, we did run for 118 yards on 44 attempts against Miami. We lost 39 yards on sacks and kneel downs, which count against the rushing total (unlike the NFL) and without those we would've had 157 yards on 38 attempts.

I mean ... technically, we did run for 118 yards on 44 attempts against Miami. We lost 39 yards on sacks and kneel downs, which count against the rushing total (unlike the NFL) and without those we would've had 157 yards on 38 attempts.
Well ****.. My bad

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

We did have four possessions start across the 50 yard line...

Athlon chimes in:

Final Analysis

Minnesota has scored first in all three of its games in 2018. That has led to some dynamic and balanced offensive play-calling that keeps opposing defenses guessing all afternoon. The Gopher defense has been solid as well, and I don't see that changing this weekend. Look for an early defensive stand from Minnesota to set the tone for the game, allowing quarterback Zack Annexstad to operate the offense with confidence in the first road game of his young career. The Gophers should have answers for most of what Maryland is going to do on offense, but I'm not sure the Terrapins are going to have an answer for Tyler Johnson. Look for another big day from the standout Minnesota receiver en route to an impressive Gopher win.

Prediction: Minnesota 27, Maryland 13

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...s-vs-maryland-terrapins-prediction-picks-2018

Go Gophers!!

Athlon chimes in:

Final Analysis

Minnesota has scored first in all three of its games in 2018. That has led to some dynamic and balanced offensive play-calling that keeps opposing defenses guessing all afternoon. The Gopher defense has been solid as well, and I don't see that changing this weekend. Look for an early defensive stand from Minnesota to set the tone for the game, allowing quarterback Zack Annexstad to operate the offense with confidence in the first road game of his young career. The Gophers should have answers for most of what Maryland is going to do on offense, but I'm not sure the Terrapins are going to have an answer for Tyler Johnson. Look for another big day from the standout Minnesota receiver en route to an impressive Gopher win.

Prediction: Minnesota 27, Maryland 13

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...s-vs-maryland-terrapins-prediction-picks-2018

Go Gophers!!

Athlon, not Dinks

From edsbs:

The 2018 Season So Far: Who's Fooling Us?

Suspect: Minnesota (3-0)

RESUME SO FAR: Wins over New Mexico State (0-4, 123rd S&P), Fresno State (2-1, 36th), and Miami-Ohio (0-3, 92nd)

LOOKING AHEAD: Games against Maryland (2-1, 81st S&P), Iowa (3-0, 34th S&P), and Ohio State (3-0, 2nd)

PROGNOSIS: They’re probably going 4-0 and could hit 5-0.

Some of us (read: me) were bullish on the hire of College Football Chris Traeger P.J. Fleck, but the results weren’t there on the field last year, as the Gophers dropped from 9-4 in Tracy Claeys’ lone season to 5-7 in Fleck’s first. Is Fleck starting to show some of the magic he mustered in Kalamazoo, or is this fool’s gold?

PREDICTION: Minnesota beats Maryland to go 4-0, then loses three straight to Iowa, Ohio State and a warming-up-by-then Nebraska. They go 7-5 and we call it progress. Some whispers start about PJ Fleck taking over at Michigan when Jim Harbaugh leaves for the Browns.

Those whispers are from me, but still.

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2018/9/20/17880974/the-2018-season-so-far-whos-fooling-us

Just so I understand, criteria for dinketry is picking us to lose correct?

Just so I understand, criteria for dinketry is picking us to lose correct?

Correct. There is a built-in tolerance for 0-5% dinkage. A margin of error, per se. That is about it.

... Minnesota is winning on average 32-9 ...

Las Vegas Sun:

Minnesota plus-1.5 at Maryland, over/under: 47. Hate to go against money-machine coach P.J. Fleck, but number looks deflated following Maryland’s 35-14 blowout loss to Temple last week. Maryland has gained .7 yards more per play on offense this year than Minnesota, which counters by giving up .7 yards less per play on defense. Those cancel out, meaning Maryland should at least get the standard 3 points for home-field advantage. Guess: Maryland minus-1.5.

https://lasvegassun.com/blogs/talki...ege-football-odds-vegas-picks-against-spread/

Top Bottom