Iowa tailgate

nsengbush

Reaction score
Hey folks,

My plan for this years homecoming game is to tailgate in East River flats with a bunch of friends. We are planning on adult beverages, a big speaker, generator, etc.

1. Does anyone forecast any issues with this setup, as I don't know what the rules are for this area?
2. Will this be a fun spot?
3. Any suggestions for improving the experience from seasoned tailgaters?

Maybe add this...

4. Open invite to all GHers.

I tailgated at the fairgrounds for the first time last weekend and really liked that set-up. I'm assuming it will be a lot busier for the Iowa game though.

I am a big fan of the the flats. You shouldnt have any problem. My only wish is that more people packed that place.

Tailgated at the Flats for NMSU. It was somewhat empty for the game but that could be due to a few things (Thursday Night, Opponent, etc.).

It’s a good location. People were playing lawn games, grilling and playing music just like anywhere else. You don’t get the band experience etc though. The bathrooms can be a little bit of a trek depending on where you pull in but for males there is the tree line by the river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can find tickets in Lot 37 on campus, I would always recommend that lot. It always seems to be the most full and has the lively bunch of tailgaters. People are willing to share their space, food, and drink. Awesome group over there. Also tried Maroon, Gold, and Ski-U-Mah lots on campus. Those are fun but not as eventful as Lot 37. The state fairgrounds are great for the price as well the only downfall is running the bus to and from.

Flats was rocking prior to the Miami Ohio game. And we hung out for an hour in the shade of the trees after the game letting traffic clear out, was pretty much a perfect day of college football other than a little hot in the sun during the game.

Lot 37 is not first come first serve right?

Lot 37 is not first come first serve right?

You need a pass for access, but as far as spots, it is first come, first served. Though there are definitely people that have their "spots."

We try to get the entire family together for homecoming every year and tailgate, this is the first year we have struggled to get Lot 37 passes without paying $300+

Floyd Jr. is coming home!

Looking forward to seeing Floyd Jr. back in Lot 37 on the 6th! Hopefully our tailgating travelling trophy will be staying in Minnesota! Unfortunately he has been in Iowa at our friends' condo for a few years.

Floyd.jpg

was pretty much a perfect day of college football other than a little hot in the sun during the game.

Yeah, just a little. HA!

And if my house lights ablaze in the middle of the night, that is a little inconvenience for me the next morning.

Top Bottom