Strib: Zack & Fr RBs ready for MD

That’s good news. Hopefully it leads to a W and some rest with the bye week

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm gonna speculate that this is a ruse and they're not going to play...

I'm gonna speculate that this is a ruse and they're not going to play...

um I'm not sure if you have your sarcasm font on or not :eek: but this is very unlike PJ. He avoids any conversation on the health of players. And on Sunday or Monday I can't believe Zack was not limping pretty bad after Saturday. The adrenaline of the game, the immediacy of an ankle injury allows you to initially continue to play but it gets worse before it gets better. I am skeptical but hopeful Zack is able to play. Definitively saying he would play Saturday on Monday seems very strange coming from PJ.

um I'm not sure if you have your sarcasm font on or not :eek: but this is very unlike PJ. He avoids any conversation on the health of players. And on Sunday or Monday I can't believe Zack was not limping pretty bad after Saturday. The adrenaline of the game, the immediacy of an ankle injury allows you to initially continue to play but it gets worse before it gets better. I am skeptical but hopeful Zack is able to play. Definitively saying he would play Saturday on Monday seems very strange coming from PJ.

Well FWIW, Fleck stated on the noon live radio show today that ZA looked good in practice today. Said the entire team had a great practice.

Well FWIW, Fleck stated on the noon live radio show today that ZA looked good in practice today. Said the entire team had a great practice.

They're believing. They're starting to think they can be winners. Love it!

Finally got some time last night to watch the BTN "Football in 60" episode for the Gophs vs Miami.

I have a small bone to pick with Fleck over this statement: "Zack’s performance was pretty gutsy. In terms of showing he’s got guts, he can fight through being uncomfortable,’’ Fleck said. “… He was still making good throws, making good reads at times, but I felt as he got to the end of the third quarter, I could see him hobbling a little bit."

This statement makes it appear as if Zack was fine right after it happened, and then as the game wore on and perhaps as it started swelling more, THEN he noticed him starting to get gimpy and took him out.

That was an absolute load of hog manure. It was plan as day to see that Zack was seriously gimpy and uncomfortable putting much of any weight on that plant ankle, on every single play after the injury occurred, which was that first sack in the first quarter. It was laughable that they still had him pretending to do the "read option" or whatever it is ... he wasn't running anywhere after that.

But just goes to show you how gifted of a thrower he is. Made some DANG good throws, throwing of his back foot entirely, for most of the time he was in there. Amazing job.

Also upon further review, my entire perception of Tanner Morgan in that game changed. The couple bad plays I was thinking originally, were because he got smashed by an unblocked blitzer. He looks fast/speedy as a runner, and he threw a strike to TJ. Only bad play was when the shotgun snap went through his hands ... but ZA had one of those too (vs NMSU). Freshman jitters ... that's over.

Definitely feeling better than TM would step in and do a great job, if needed. But sounds like ZA is going to be full go ........ unless Fleck is lying. Guess we'll see.

Finally got some time last night to watch the BTN "Football in 60" episode for the Gophs vs Miami.

I have a small bone to pick with Fleck over this statement: "Zack’s performance was pretty gutsy. In terms of showing he’s got guts, he can fight through being uncomfortable,’’ Fleck said. “… He was still making good throws, making good reads at times, but I felt as he got to the end of the third quarter, I could see him hobbling a little bit."

This statement makes it appear as if Zack was fine right after it happened, and then as the game wore on and perhaps as it started swelling more, THEN he noticed him starting to get gimpy and took him out.

That was an absolute load of hog manure. It was plan as day to see that Zack was seriously gimpy and uncomfortable putting much of any weight on that plant ankle, on every single play after the injury occurred, which was that first sack in the first quarter. It was laughable that they still had him pretending to do the "read option" or whatever it is ... he wasn't running anywhere after that.

But just goes to show you how gifted of a thrower he is. Made some DANG good throws, throwing of his back foot entirely, for most of the time he was in there. Amazing job.

Also upon further review, my entire perception of Tanner Morgan in that game changed. The couple bad plays I was thinking originally, were because he got smashed by an unblocked blitzer. He looks fast/speedy as a runner, and he threw a strike to TJ. Only bad play was when the shotgun snap went through his hands ... but ZA had one of those too (vs NMSU). Freshman jitters ... that's over.

Definitely feeling better than TM would step in and do a great job, if needed. But sounds like ZA is going to be full go ........ unless Fleck is lying. Guess we'll see.

It's RPO, and you still don't understand it.

No, I'm specifically referring to him still hobbling off after the handoff, pretending as if he might've kept the ball.

Not the play-action fake handoff, and then throwing it.

And it's cute that apparently some coach decided to package these two ideas together, each of which have been around for a long, long time, into a single buzz acronym, and pawn it off as a new offensive innovation.

No, I'm specifically referring to him still hobbling off after the handoff, pretending as if he might've kept the ball.

Not the play-action fake handoff, and then throwing it.

And it's cute that apparently some coach decided to package these two ideas together, each of which have been around for a long, long time, into a single buzz acronym, and pawn it off as a new offensive innovation.

It's RPO, and you still don't understand it.

You just keep pretending. If it makes you feel good, just do it!

No, you’re just busted. We know you’re a troll, and your routine. One positive post to try to maintain the ruse, then four negative posts showing “concern for the program”. What a tool. Welcome to the ignore list.

Last edited:

Will be nice to have both backs available. Ibrahim showed some explosiveness on the play he got hurt and I thought Williams ran very well Saturday.

Williams had a lot of carries, more than necessary maybe, but to get a feel for it, get back to setting up blocks, etc. it might have been a necessary workload. The heat did make me a bit nervous but the Gophers appeared no worse for the wear from it.

Will be nice to have both backs available. Ibrahim showed some explosiveness on the play he got hurt and I thought Williams ran very well Saturday.

Williams had a lot of carries, more than necessary maybe, but to get a feel for it, get back to setting up blocks, etc. it might have been a necessary workload. The heat did make me a bit nervous but the Gophers appeared no worse for the wear from it.

Yes, the game announcers were questioning the need to keep Williams in the game for that long, when he had proven himself. Fleck does seem to have a penchant to leave players in the game too long, when the situation does not call for it. So far he has gotten away with it.

Ibrahim and Williams could be an excellent 1-2 punch at RB. Excited to see what they can do at Maryland.

I don't care about made up terminology, for fake "innovations".

You didn't understand the point I was making, and are trying to shift the discussion back to your love of this new fangled miracle cure. That has nothing to do with the point I was making about ZA being gimpy.

All terminology is made up. And it most definitely is an innovation, no scare quotes needed.

Nobody said that they loved it, or called it newfangled, or a miracle cure. Stop making things up.

I don't care about made up terminology, for fake "innovations".

You didn't understand the point I was making, and are trying to shift the discussion back to your love of this new fangled miracle cure. That has nothing to do with the point I was making about ZA being gimpy.
RPO has been around for years. Go back to the becky board.. Im sure its pleasant over there after last week.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

And it most definitely is an innovation

Sure, if faking injury in order to get a fake timeout is "creativity", then I guess having linemen block downfield on a run play and then oh just kidding I'm gonna throw the ball is an "innovation".

Let the rules catch up to rule cheatersbenders, then we'll see who's innovating the next farce.

Last edited:

Sure, if faking injury in order to get a fake timeout is "creativity", then I guess having linemen block downfield on a run play and then oh just kidding I'm gonna throw the ball is an "innovation".

Let the rules catch up to rule cheatersbenders, then we'll see who's innovating the next farce.

I've rarely seen such a wide disparity between what someone actually knows and what they think they know. It's quite impressive, actually.

And even though you edited this post, you still screwed it up.

I've rarely seen such a wide disparity between what someone actually knows and what they think they know. It's quite impressive, actually.

And even though you edited this post, you still screwed it up.

This post proves to me that I was right. I see a lot of words here. What I don't see is a counter-argument. That means you couldn't think of one.

This post proves to me that I was right. I see a lot of words here. What I don't see is a counter-argument. That means you couldn't think of one.

No, what it means is that you are incredibly stupid and apparently don't realize it. I was trying to be nice, but you've made me spell it out directly.

I'm going to save myself the trouble and just ignore your "contributions" from now on. I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you've been trolling (poorly). Now, I'm convinced that you really are just this unintelligent, and to compound the situation, clearly unaware of this fact.

Top Bottom