ESPN: Dad of UCLA QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson criticizes Chip Kelly

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

The father of UCLA starting quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson criticized Chip Kelly in a series of tweets Sunday night, writing that the Bruins football coach is a "million dollar coach who bares [sic] no responsibility" for the team's 0-3 start.

Michael Robinson on Sunday responded to two tweets from Bruin Report Online, the first of which noted that Dorian Thompson-Robinson struggled in Saturday's loss to Fresno State but that the problems in UCLA's passing game reflect a poor scheme.

"He is speaking on and about the factual," Michael Robinson responded, using the Twitter handle @DoriansDAD. "It is all about the coaching, lousy coaching and play calling... Coaching that is so bad that it demands closed practices... Million dollar coach who bares no responsibility... Just random observations from a frustrated dad!"

After Bruin Report posted a GIF of Kelly confronting Thompson-Robinson after the freshman threw an interception, Michael Robinson responded, "Look, coach Kelly, if you wish to call him this is 4 and 26 for his last offensively called football games... Dorian has only played in 3 of the last 30 games... Can you say duped!"

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...orian-thompson-robinson-criticizes-chip-kelly

Go Gophers!!

Probably won't end well for the qb.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Probably won't end well for the qb.

Word: I hope that is not true. I work with Dorian's mom and she is pretty upset. She and Michael divorced years ago and she was the one who took Dorian to camps all over the country and has been the involved and supportive parent. She told me that to her knowledge Michael has never met or spoken with Chip Kelly.

Tough situation for the kid if true. Chip Kelly doesn't seem like the kind of guy that puts up with drama. Kid certainly in a tough place then with a parent situation like that.
Word: I hope that is not true. I work with Dorian's mom and she is pretty upset. She and Michael divorced years ago and she was the one who took Dorian to camps all over the country and has been the involved and supportive parent. She told me that to her knowledge Michael has never met or spoken with Chip Kelly.

UCLA looked like a train wreck last weekend. Fresno knew there was blood in the water and just plowed through their defense with ease.

It's gonna be a while for UCLA...

UCLA looked like a train wreck last weekend. Fresno knew there was blood in the water and just plowed through their defense with ease.

No kidding, that is a major rebuild. I think that USC is in for the same thing.

Holy smokes!

Three games into the kids college career, what a bummer. Parents like should try to stay on the west coast;)

I was worn out on Saturday night and hit the DVR button and went to bed before halftime of the Fresno at UCLA game.

I watched it earlier tonight, and Fresno looked great. The skill position players , Johnson, a second WR, #22 Mims the RB and even the QB McMaryion all played great and looked physically like top level talent. The LB #9 ran back a interception what was very impressive as well. Fresno St. controlled the line of scrimmage and beat up UCLA pretty well.

Maybe Fresno will win out this year, with Boise being the big test, which means our Defense may be lot better than it was last year.

I was impressed with all the Fresno State fans and band in the Rose Bowl, considering Fresno is almost 250 miles NE of LA.

Awesome. Another parent that thinks their kid should carry none of the responsibility. It's gotta be the coach, because he's never had any success before, right?

Beat me to it. :) and where they hang out they start the meeting with "Hi, My name is Michael and I'm a helicopter parent. HI MICHEAL!"

Probably need to change the term to "dive bomber parent."

Top Bottom