Demry Croft

we are better off with zack.

It's about QB leadership. That is why Fleck chose to part company with Croft. I wish him well.

If you have talent, you can play - it just has to be in the right system. I think Croft clearly has the physical tools to succeed - but I also think he was a bad fit - for more ways than one - in Fleck's system.

If you have talent, you can play - it just has to be in the right system. I think Croft clearly has the physical tools to succeed - but I also think he was a bad fit - for more ways than one - in Fleck's system.

Well that and Mary Jane...

Croft's freshman debut was against Northwestern I believe and he looked like Bambi out there.

I'm glad that he's doing well. To be frank, I couldn't really care less tho

Good luck to him but he should switch to WR or something. The prior staff was clueless when it came to the quarterback position. Croft is an athlete but the fact that MN was the only school of note to give him an offer says a lot. I understand players slip thru but c'mon

Good luck to him but he should switch to WR or something. The prior staff was clueless when it came to the quarterback position. Croft is an athlete but the fact that MN was the only school of note to give him an offer says a lot. I understand players slip thru but c'mon

He out dueled Lamar Jackson at the OD All American game. I watched that game and felt Demry was the much better passer.

Also when ND's current starting QB Wimbush deommitted from Penn State, their coaches went to Demry's game and watched him but the Boylan coach told them no thanks, he is 100% committed to Minnesota. PSU then moved on to Tommy Stevens who was an IU commit at the time. Because Demry never reciprocated their interest, a formal offer was never made and thus the recruiting sites won't show he had an offer from them but he did have an opportunity to play at PSU if he wanted to.

I really wish the kid success. I think he had the physical skills to start at a power 5 school. I hope the door didn't hit him on the way out.

Imagine how many articles there would be if he was at St Thomas throwing 7 TDs against Macalester!!!

Croft's freshman debut was against Northwestern I believe and he looked like Bambi out there.

If I have the time frame correct in my mind, that was an example of Kill just losing his patience with Leidner and sending the poor kid out there to the wolves. I hope Demry does well. He's not a pro-set guy, but he could do well in a system that highlights his set of skills and physical talent. He certainly had a great game last season against Nebraska.

He'll blow up in the CFL leaving many here to agonize over another one that got away.

Let’s face it, Streveler was a missed opportunity. Jordan Ta’amu was a missed opportunity. Will DC ever be good enough to rate like that? Nobody knows. Maybe next year he blows up. Maybe he fades into trivia obscurity.

Let’s face it, Streveler was a missed opportunity. Jordan Ta’amu was a missed opportunity. Will DC ever be good enough to rate like that? Nobody knows. Maybe next year he blows up. Maybe he fades into trivia obscurity.

Not really. Neither is Croft regardless of how he does at the JV level. Ta'amu was though.

Not really. Neither is Croft regardless of how he does at the JV level. Ta'amu was though.

I can’t believe you’re still making this argument. Yes, a guy that set all sorts of offensive records, is an electric runner, runner up FCS player of the year, and soon to be starter in the passing-centric CFL couldn’t play QB in the Big Ten. It’s ridiculous. Do you feel ZA5 has a strong enough arm to start in the Big Ten?

I can’t believe you’re still making this argument. Yes, a guy that set all sorts of offensive records, is an electric runner, runner up FCS player of the year, and soon to be starter in the passing-centric CFL couldn’t play QB in the Big Ten. It’s ridiculous. Do you feel ZA5 has a strong enough arm to start in the Big Ten?

Yes, Annexstad has a stronger arm than Streveler. Success in the FCS and a couple decent games in the CFL do not equate to success in the B1G. He's always been a dink and dunk passer, and maybe that would be ok with Flecks recruits at WR. He would have struggled in our previous offense while playing against much better talent on defense.

Yes, Annexstad has a stronger arm than Streveler. Success in the FCS and a couple decent games in the CFL do not equate to success in the B1G. He's always been a dink and dunk passer, and maybe that would be ok with Flecks recruits at WR. He would have struggled in our previous offense while playing against much better talent on defense.

I can see you’re never doing to give up on your delusional scouting reports. If he succeeds long enough as a starter in the CFL, cleans up his footwork, and gets a shot in the NFL you’ll still be on here saying he’d be a failure in the FBS. Gotta admire your tenacity.

Annexstad is a fine QB and particularly for a freshman but his arm strength isn’t something I’d list in the amazing column. It’s adequate and he really seems to shine on anticipation and accuracy on those ~ 10-15 yard throws and that’s enough for a college QB. He benefits from WRs that can get separation. Accuracy on the deep ball isn’t there (yet). I’m excited to see what he can become.

I can see you’re never doing to give up on your delusional scouting reports. If he succeeds long enough as a starter in the CFL, cleans up his footwork, and gets a shot in the NFL you’ll still be on here saying he’d be a failure in the FBS. Gotta admire your tenacity.

Annexstad is a fine QB and particularly for a freshman but his arm strength isn’t something I’d list in the amazing column. It’s adequate and he really seems to shine on anticipation and accuracy on those ~ 10-15 yard throws and that’s enough for a college QB. He benefits from WRs that can get separation. Accuracy on the deep ball isn’t there (yet). I’m excited to see what he can become.

I know he hasn’t completed very many deep balls yet, but the zip on his shorter pass does indicate good arm strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. I don't know what Streveler lacked that Kill and company was looking for. I'll never forget that he won his only start as QB against San Jose State, but I'll also never forget how the staff implemented the modern version of The Flying Wedge and looked like they threatened Streveler with a loss of his scholarship if he even thought of passing the ball.

Agree. I don't know what Streveler lacked that Kill and company was looking for. I'll never forget that he won his only start as QB against San Jose State, but I'll also never forget how the staff implemented the modern version of The Flying Wedge and looked like they threatened Streveler with a loss of his scholarship if he even thought of passing the ball.

Didn’t we end up going like 1/7 passing that game?

Didn’t we end up going like 1/7 passing that game?

It’s been talked about before but IIRC 5 of those passes were low percentage third and longs and let’s face it, the WRs and route trees didn’t create a successful passing climate.

Different coaches, systems, teammates, maturation process can produce different results.

huge understatement and it falls on old Snorlax Claeys. We probably wouldnt have skipped much of a beat last year had we actually extend the offer!

I really wish the kid success. I think he had the physical skills to start at a power 5 school. I hope the door didn't hit him on the way out.

I wish Demry Croft all the luck in his endeavors. The world is full of people who "have the physical skills to start at a P5 school". Daniel Carlson has the physical skills to be the best Kicker in NFL history; but right now he's unemployed after last Sunday's efforts. Croft is not and never should have been a QB in the B1G, but I wish him all the luck elsewhere.

I know he hasn’t completed very many deep balls yet, but the zip on his shorter pass does indicate good arm strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s fine. I’ll say it again but I think arm strength is overrated particularly in college. Obviously a guy has to be at least adequate but accuracy, anticipation make up for a lot of things. ZA5 seems to have the it factor but I want to see him against top drawer defenses. Really impressed so far.

Last edited:

Just like how you continually said Tanner Lee was such an awful QB last year, yet he was drafted and is on a NFL practice squad. How could NFL teams possibly choose him over the rocket armed Streveler? You are one of the few people anywhere that says Streveler has a strong arm. Unbiased scouts, including some unbiased posters here who watched his college and CFL games mentioned that is arm strength is his weakness. Arm strength is the only reason he's not currently on a NFL roster. As usual you are on your own delusional island by yourself, which is where you belong.

Plus I never said Annextad's arm is amazing, but it's still better than Strevelers.

Last edited:

Just like how you continually said Tanner Lee was such an awful QB last year, yet he was drafted and is on a NFL practice squad. How could NFL teams possibly choose him over the rocket armed Streveler? You are one of the few people anywhere that says Streveler has a strong arm. Unbiased scouts, including some unbiased posters here who watched his college and CFL games mentioned that is arm strength is his weakness. Arm strength is the only reason he's not currently on a NFL roster. As usual you are on your own delusional island by yourself, which is where you belong.

Plus I never said Annextad's arm is amazing, but it's still better than Strevelers.

Who is talking about the NFL? I’m talking about college and he clearly has a strong enough arm for the Big Ten. If he develops better/more consistent footwork he’ll have a beautiful deep ball as well. Annexstad has not demonstrated a “typical” NFL arm. Get real.

Stay on topic.

Who is talking about the NFL? I’m talking about college and he clearly has a strong enough arm for the Big Ten. If he develops better/more consistent footwork he’ll have a beautiful deep ball as well. Annexstad has not demonstrated a “typical” NFL arm. Get real.

Stay on topic.

You were the one mentioning scouting reports and Streveler eventually getting a shot at the NFL, I just responded to it. Try to follow your own posts, but I know that's difficult. The scouting report on Streveler is that he doesn't have a strong enough arm for the NFL, that's why he didn't even get a training camp invite.

Tanner Lee was drafted because of arm strength despite a mediocre college career. That doesn’t bode well for his future in the NFL. I don’t think I’ve ever argued he doesn’t have a good arm. He doesn’t have good judgment or anticipation.

Top Bottom