Gophers open +1.5 at Maryland, line quickly shifts to +3

Now the "Money line" trend is interesting! I think someone in the thread said that was betting on the winner of the game straight off the score (not the spread).

It has shifted from -115 Maryland -105 Gophers, to -135 Maryland +115 Gophers! I think that means a $100 winning bet on the Gophs to win the game gets you $115 winnings, as opposed to only $65 winnings on a Maryland winning bet. (if I did that right)

Its actually closer to $74 in winnings if you took the Maryland ML at -135. The math is (100/135) {your odds} * $100 {your bet}.

Take Maryland. Gophers play poorly in early road games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the "Money line" trend is interesting! I think someone in the thread said that was betting on the winner of the game straight off the score (not the spread).

It has shifted from -115 Maryland -105 Gophers, to -135 Maryland +115 Gophers! I think that means a $100 winning bet on the Gophs to win the game gets you $115 winnings, as opposed to only $65 winnings on a Maryland winning bet. (if I did that right)

-135 on Maryland means when you wager $135 you win $100 (plus the return of you $135). Or put into context, for a $100 bet, you win $74.07 ( plus the return of your $100)

I'm seeing Minnesota +1.5 on most betting sites, +2.0 on only one betting site. That tells me Gophers would be -0.5 on neutral field.

According to SP+, the Gophers should be -10.5 on a neutral field (no, that's not a typo).
That's what's so confusing about this. My eyes and the stats are aligned, but the betting is not.

I'm guessing it's a combination of recovered players (Maryland), going on the road with a young team (Minnesota), Fleck's poor track record on the road (Minnesota), and ZA's limping last week.

I think Vegas is wrong about this game, but I don't gamble on college sports, so whatever.

There are a few games like that this week outside of Minnesota, WSU at USC, is the notable one to me.
I feel like that game should be dead even based on what we've seen so far, but USC is favored by 5.

Last edited:

According to SP+, the Gophers should be -10.5 on a neutral field (no, that's not a typo).
That's what's so confusing about this. My eyes and the stats are aligned, but the betting is not.

I'm guessing it's a combination of recovered players (Maryland), going on the road with a young team (Minnesota), Fleck's poor track record on the road (Minnesota), and ZA's limping last week.

I think Vegas is wrong about this game, but I don't gamble on college sports, so whatever.

There are a few games like that this week outside of Minnesota, WSU at USC, is the notable one to me.
I feel like that game should be dead even based on what we've seen so far, but USC is favored by 5.

The WSU game feels that way to me as well, but part of it in digging deeper is who they’ve played and preseason expectations for WSU (unloaded a whole team and untested QB). I was real tempted to take both lines and maybe I will, but both have the feeling of a trap bet game as well

Odds favoring USC went down to 4.5, but in the end Wash St did cover, with the 3 pt loss.

Spread bets have come dumping in for Maryland, since Friday night. http://www.vegasinsider.com/[email protected]/date/9-22-18/linechanges/y

Spread bets are now 62%-38% in favor of Maryland. The spread itself changed to -2.5 Maryland, on Friday morning.

Money line bets are now 57%-43% in favor of Gophers.

Over/Under bets are taking under (??? can't tell if "Away" means under) 72%-28% (at 47.5 pts).

(and I'm pretty sure this is the percentage of total money bet, not the total number of bets, but not certain)

Well Maryland betters looking smart.

Freaky thing: O/U was 47.5. Game is 35-13....

Top Bottom