Gophers open +1.5 at Maryland, line quickly shifts to +3

ill take the gophs. Unless they know something about ZA that we dont.

That seems like a site only a degenerate gambler would love ;)

ill take the gophs. Unless they know something about ZA that we dont.

These guys always know:

maxresdefault.jpg

Feels a little high in the Terps favor after the movement to +3, especially when most algorithms give the Gophers a slight edge (including Massey, Sagarin, S&P+, and FPI) but I get it. Freshman QB coming in with a potential injury, first road game of the season, unpredictable opponent with good potential. Would be a big win for the Gophers if they pull it off.

I'm reserving all betting on this game until I see on both Zack's status (not very concerned) and more importantly, some of the Maryland injuries; they played Temple without some key players. Missing both of your starting Off Tackles, both RS Seniors, would be a big blow to most teams, Maryland is no different. Those two were backed up by a FR and SO.

I'm reserving all betting on this game until I see on both Zack's status (not very concerned) and more importantly, some of the Maryland injuries; they played Temple without some key players. Missing both of your starting Off Tackles, both RS Seniors, would be a big blow to most teams, Maryland is no different. Those two were backed up by a FR and SO.

Looks like the early $$ is on the Gophs...

Looks like the early $$ is on the Gophs...

Actually it's gone the other way; the line has moved from opening at Maryland -1.5 to already moving to Maryland -3

Early money is usually the sharps betting, and I hate betting against the sharps. Still waiting on injury news on the Maryland OL guys. Or just staying away altogether! Never a bad option!

Actually it's gone the other way; the line has moved from opening at Maryland -1.5 to already moving to Maryland -3

Early money is usually the sharps betting, and I hate betting against the sharps. Still waiting on injury news on the Maryland OL guys. Or just staying away altogether! Never a bad option!

Meant at +3...didn't look before it changed.

Opened at -3 a lot of places so maybe it’s just the field thinking they got an extra 1.5 by taking the early action

Some books have actually locked the game now. Wonder what’s about to come out

Durkin being let go Friday add more disruption and drama to an already difficult situation. Most/all of the staff will need new jobs, etc. Players may want to transfer. Or, maybe ZA’s injury is worse than thought.

Sharps also come in hard at the end. Last week the line drifted toward Miami Hydroxide all week until shifting to the Gophers on Saturday.

Durkin being let go Friday add more disruption and drama to an already difficult situation. Most/all of the staff will need new jobs, etc. Players may want to transfer. Or, maybe ZA’s injury is worse than thought.

Fleck said he's good to go Saturday.

Some books have actually locked the game now. Wonder what’s about to come out

I heard the report on the Jordan McNair death is supposed to drop this week which means Durkin and others might be canned before the game. Unlikely to be anything with us.

I heard the report on the Jordan McNair death is supposed to drop this week which means Durkin and others might be canned before the game. Unlikely to be anything with us.

Yes, the Maryland Regents are meeting on Friday and expect to release the report some time that afternoon. However, that timing has been known for awhile so it's unlikely it has caused the lines to be locked unless there's buzz about some major staff shake ups.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-death-terrapins-player-jordan-mcnair-sept-21

I think they would talk about it quite a bit during the game?

I guess we will see.

if it is a coach being fired they'll talk either way, if they leak some nasty news bits, often TV folks avoid the less pleasant stuff during the game.

Friday bad news releases always seem a bit scummy...

It's pretty standard to hold BOR meetings on Thursdays/Fridays to accommodate consistent scheduling for the Regents. The U of M does the same thing. The Maryland BOR is meeting on Friday - would you prefer that they hold the report over the weekend?

It's pretty standard to hold BOR meetings on Thursdays/Fridays to accommodate consistent scheduling for the Regents. The U of M does the same thing. The Maryland BOR is meeting on Friday - would you prefer that they hold the report over the weekend?

I think it is more than a coincidence that bad news gets released on Friday.

Sharps also come in hard at the end. Last week the line drifted toward Miami Hydroxide all week until shifting to the Gophers on Saturday.

From the Betting Column at The Athletic. Full article is behind a paywall.

The​ difference​ between​ sharp and​ square​ in​ the betting​ world has become much​ less defined​ in​ this​ era of​​ on-demand information. Thanks to the internet, all-22 film and sports packages like ESPN+ and NFL Sunday Ticket, professional gamblers have plenty of material at their fingertips to make informed decisions. However, the key differences still exist in terms of the big-picture approach to wagering.

Sharps are known to get the best number available on the market compared to the closing line. Squares will chase steam (lines that move because of heavy betting action on a particular side) leading up to kickoff, even if a better number was available at an earlier time. Sharps bet numbers in an inefficient market, while squares bet on teams because of the name recognition. Believe it or not, sharps do lose and squares do win, but obtaining the best number will make a difference to the long-term bottom line...

https://theathletic.com/530813/2018...-week-3-review-sharp-square-week-4-lookahead/

Top Bottom