No line on Gophers - MD; Annexstad questionable?

In his radio show Sunday, Fleck said that Annexstad was examined by the trainers and cleared to return to the game. ...

...What this does tell me - the gap between ZA and TM is wider than we were led to believe. If the two were as close as Fleck indicated, then there should not be any hesitation about putting TM in a game.

Zack Annexstad is more "natural" with lots of poise of the two. He has an advantage from his experience at IMG against faster and tougher competition.

Tanner Morgan appeared tight in his debut. He'll need to learn to relax. Tanner strikes me as a QB that needs a couple of games to get acclimated to the speed of the game.

If I had to guess, there's a plan to play to Morgan's strengths. There are some things he does better than ZA, such as looking off the primary receiver

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Exactly the opposite was the concern with Morgan among many GHers who went to the open practices, me included. Morgan locked on the primary and didn't go through progressions. Probably my #1 concern in game situations with him.

If I had to guess, there's a plan to play to Morgan's strengths. There are some things he does better than ZA, such as looking off the primary receiver

Zack wasn't looking at the primary receiver in practice as much as in the live games. This is a work in progress for him. When he fixes that and improves his long ball throwing accuracy, the Gophers will be rocking.

Exactly the opposite was the concern with Morgan among many GHers who went to the open practices, me included. Morgan locked on the primary and didn't go through progressions. Probably my #1 concern in game situations with him.
Well clearing TM worked on that as he was scanning the field in both appearances. My big knock on ZA right now is everyone in the stadium knows where he's going when he drops back, it'll get better with time, but my point is this was a close battle in camp so I am sure there's a game plan that can be implemented for Tanner in a week to put him in position to be successful. Hell Connor Rhoda has five career wins as a starter

Annexstad is fine. Lines don't post until monday afternoon usually.

I think the Gophers will win Saturday, but I expect Maryland to be favored. Largely because the Gophers are extremely young, and you have mostly true freshman and redshirt freshman at key positions playing their first college road game. You never know how kids playing in their first road game will respond.

I watched chunks of their early game against Temple, and nothing about their team scared me. Losing to Temple at home is a bad loss. Would be absolutely huge to beat Maryland and get a week off before Iowa.

I'd like to think Annexstad is healthy enough to play. He wouldn't have stayed in if the coaching staff thought he wasn't physically able to go, and the trainers gave the green light. I think for him it was mostly mental, just needing to not think about the pain and trust his ability.

I am wondering what Zack and PJ where talking about on the sidelines when he was on the cycle. Maybe Zack wanted to finish the game, and PJ saying he'll insert Tanner after his last series.

Zack sure sounds like a strong competitor with grit and determination. The boy wants to win games.

Top Bottom