Free Vouchers For Those Who Attened The Game

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
I just got this email:

Thank you for attending today's Gopher Football victory over Miami-OH. We wanted to extend our appreciation for your support and offer our sincere apologies for any individuals who experienced an inability to purchase bottled water at today's game.

We will be providing all fans with a $5 concessions voucher per ticket scanned at today's game. This voucher will be supplied via email early next week and can be redeemed at the Homecoming game vs. Iowa on Oct. 6th. Additional details regarding this voucher will be forthcoming.

If memory serves, they don't have drinking fountains there. Is that true?

A concession water cartel for a few extra bucks seems like a great way to get sued with these hot game days.

There are drinking fountains, thank God. They were busy but it was possible to stay hydrated .

I just refill my water from the sink in the bathroom - the water is just as good.

Drinking fountains by us (sec 118). Free water stations at 3 locations yesterday.

drinking fountains and a free water station behind 142

Also, don't forget the Buffalo Wild Wings promo.

Still have to spend $20 to get a $4-5 snack but still a nice touch, especially if you have two tix.

It's good for five days...so that should be out to Thursday.

The concession woes at TCF Bank Stadium are getting to the point where I wonder if some heads need to roll. I tailgate so I don’t buy much at the concession stands but it seems as though I am continually hearing about shortages and outages despite the stadium drawing small crowds.

I went to the concession stand at halftime yesterday for a rare (for me) hot dog and soda. The stand was out of souvenir cups, my hot dog was horribly burned (how do you burn a hotdog??), and the condiment stand was completely out of onions, relish, etc,

I was busy last night calculating how many hot dogs I can get with $30 worth of vouchers !

The concession woes at TCF Bank Stadium are getting to the point where I wonder if some heads need to roll. I tailgate so I don’t buy much at the concession stands but it seems as though I am continually hearing about shortages and outages despite the stadium drawing small crowds.

I went to the concession stand at halftime yesterday for a rare (for me) hot dog and soda. The stand was out of souvenir cups, my hot dog was horribly burned (how do you burn a hotdog??), and the condiment stand was completely out of onions, relish, etc,

The announced crowd was about 41,000. If that is based on scanned tickets, this is a $205,000 apology.

Someone must be taking this very seriously, since they probably could get away with just ignoring it. Of course, no doubt less than 100% of the vouchers will be redeemed.

I can’t help wondering if the U put $200,000 into improving the concessions and just issued a verbal apology, would we be better off?

I went to get a pretzel at Fresno game before half time and they were already gone. Something like that happens every single game. But you know they’ve only had 10 years to figure it out. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was busy last night calculating how many hot dogs I can get with $30 worth of vouchers !
2?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

If memory serves, they don't have drinking fountains there. Is that true?

A concession water cartel for a few extra bucks seems like a great way to get sued with these hot game days.
They have drinking fountains by guest services

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No onions at the condiment stations I visited yesterday...and it looked like they were never there......how do you not even put any out at all.....?

Same experience with pretzels every game this year.....gone almost immediately.

I agree that it is time for serious action. It hasn't been good but this year has been mind bogglingly bad. How do you not even put some stuff out.

Typically cleaning crews, security and concessions are out sourced to companies like Marsden or Delaware North who can do mass hirings in a short period of time. If there's an issue I am guessing those companies will lose the U as a client to a competitor

I would prefer the 150K to be invested in the concessions if they gave us the option. Though, its not something I frequent. I usually only buy one souvenir cup a year, and some hot chocolate in November.

Typically cleaning crews, security and concessions are out sourced to companies like Marsden or Delaware North who can do mass hirings in a short period of time. If there's an issue I am guessing those companies will lose the U as a client to a competitor

Contract review time.

Normally I see people at least refilling the condiment stations.

I haven't seen one person doing that this year.... just stuff missing.

Outside 211 there was a condiment station completely empty. They never put out ketchup or mustard even. Just an empty table.

No onions at the condiment stations I visited yesterday...and it looked like they were never there......how do you not even put any out at all.....?

Same experience with pretzels every game this year.....gone almost immediately.

I agree that it is time for serious action. It hasn't been good but this year has been mind bogglingly bad. How do you not even put some stuff out.

For the first time I went up to the top rim at halftime and found out they had multiple concession stands with no lines and got a great cooked to order burger with fried peppers and onions. Also had a fully stocked condiment stand right next to it

Running out of bottled water is inexcusable. Even if you only look at it from a business standpoint for the company that runs the concession, it’s really bad planning.

The announced crowd was about 41,000. If that is based on scanned tickets, this is a $205,000 apology.

Someone must be taking this very seriously, since they probably could get away with just ignoring it. Of course, no doubt less than 100% of the vouchers will be redeemed.

I can’t help wondering if the U put $200,000 into improving the concessions and just issued a verbal apology, would we be better off?

You are estimating the retail price, the true cost of the food is closer to 20-30 percent of retail. Water probably costs them about 30-40 cents per bottle.

My guess is, after redemptions given but not redeemed and food costs versus retail, the actual amount of money this will cost is $20,000-$30,000.

You are estimating the retail price, the true cost of the food is closer to 20-30 percent of retail. Water probably costs them about 30-40 cents per bottle.

My guess is, after redemptions given but not redeemed and food costs versus retail, the actual amount of money this will cost is $20,000-$30,000.

Excellent point. However, there would also be the impact of lost revenue from voucher redemption replacing new purchases.

I went over by gate A to refill my water. There was a lady refilling 8 bottles and the line was a mile long. All the sudden I see a girl jet out of line and head right. There were 4 water fountains that nobody was using. I jumped over and convinced others too as well. Moral of the story, don’t just line up in a line without looking around first ��

Excellent point. However, there would also be the impact of lost revenue from voucher redemption replacing new purchases.

The real cost is not being able to sell 10,000 bottled waters at $5 while you had the opportunity.

All 3 games this year we have gotten brats and 2 of the 3 games the condiments were out. We asked at the counter if they had anymore and they said nope what they put out is all they had and once it's gone it's gone. So to me one would think they might need to look into that whole supply chain issue and have more on hand in freezer/coolers in the bowels of the stadium.

They were out of bottled water in the stadium before half time at a game that was 60% capacity attendance. Also out of diet coke before halftime at the concession stand closest to me. The stadium will likely be sold out and near 50K butts in seats at our next home game. If someone associated with the U of M isn't hitting the panic button right now and over correcting the level of attention these things are getting I would expect riots when drunken Hawkeye get to the front of a concession line after waiting 45 minutes only to find out eveything is sold out. Coincidently that is what happened to me at the Iowa game last year at halftime, but I am hoping we are slightly more organized and intelligent than our southern neighbors.

Top Bottom