vs. Iowa (3-0) - Semi-Notable 13-3 win over ISU
@ Ohio State (Really Good)
@ Nebraska (0-2) - Losses to Colorado and Troy
vs. Indiana (3-0) - Semi-Notable 20-16 win over Virginia
@ Illinois (2-1) - Notable loss to South Florida
vs. Purdue (0-3) close losses to Northwestern, Mizzou and Eastern Michigan
vs. Northwestern (1-2) win over Purdue, losses to Duke and Akron
@ Wisconsin (2-1) Loss to BYU

Nervous about Maryland. They've been stacking up talent..... one day they will get to use it...

I hope we don't look too far ahead.

I feel better about our bowl chances, but the breakdown of why is broken into these categories by percentage.

20% Because we beat Fresno St (and finished non-conf 3-0)
10% Because the Gophers seem to be playing better than I was expecting
70% Because it appears NW, Purdue, Nebraska, and MD might all not be as good as they appeared they would be.

I wanted to win the B1G West but not like this. The division looks disastrous after 3 games.

I wanted to win the B1G West but not like this. The division looks disastrous after 3 games.

This is hilarious. Are we as Gophers' fans seriously in any kind of position to be complaining about winning the Big Ten West in ANY fashion? We have not beaten Wisconsin since 2003!

This is hilarious. Are we as Gophers' fans seriously in any kind of position to be complaining about winning the Big Ten West in ANY fashion? We have not beaten Wisconsin since 2003!

I'd like to win it when all other teams finish something like 9-3, but yeh...

In year two of a coach with many freshman, I'd be fine with a Big Ten west title even if all the other teams are 6-6

Rose Bowl with an appearance in the B1G championship game. Let's do it.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. The Gophers are 0-0 in the Big Ten.

Take it one game at a time. Remember that the Gophers were 3-0 last year before conference play. Let's see if we can beat Maryland first.

ESPN Matchup Predictor favors us now in 6 of the 9 remaining games.

@ MD - We are at 51.9 to win
Iowa - We are at 38.9%
@ OSU 5.4%
NEB - We are now 62.1%
Ind - 65.1%
@Ill 70.5%
Purdue - 70.9%
NW - 65.3%
@ WIS - 20.4%

But all of that will start crashing down if we lose to MD.

ESPN Matchup Predictor favors us now in 6 of the 9 remaining games.

@ MD - We are at 51.9 to win
Iowa - We are at 38.9%
@ OSU 5.4%
NEB - We are now 62.1%
Ind - 65.1%
@Ill 70.5%
Purdue - 70.9%
NW - 65.3%
@ WIS - 20.4%

But all of that will start crashing down if we lose to MD.

I'd love a 9 win season! That would be better than I thought for sure. Plus if they were competitive in the losses I would be beyond pumped for the next year. Love what I've seen so far.

Maryland is going to be an angry team at home. Gophers will need a strong first quarter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maryland is going to be an angry team at home. Gophers will need a strong first quarter.

Followed up by three more strong quarters. Maryland won't quit early.

+1,000,000
Good response. Mine would have been filled with unprintable words.

I'd love a 9 win season! That would be better than I thought for sure. Plus if they were competitive in the losses I would be beyond pumped for the next year. Love what I've seen so far.

A 9-win season of the above type got the previous coach fired (after one full season), but a 9-win season now has fans "beyond pumped." I love this fanbase.

A 9-win season of the above type got the previous coach fired (after one full season), but a 9-win season now has fans "beyond pumped." I love this fanbase.

Wait, sports teams can have different expectations in different years??!?

Nothing else happened that season. Nothing at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Memories are short.....

Well, I guess I personally would be more pleasantly surprised with 9 wins with a true FR walk-on QB than the Gophers did in 2016 with a RS SR 4th year starting QB.

I'd like to win it when all other teams finish something like 9-3, but yeh...

In year two of a coach with many freshman, I'd be fine with a Big Ten west title even if all the other teams are 6-6

It’s week 3. All other teams are not going 6-6. We’re only 25% into the season, wow.

Saint Jerry bestowed Nick Saban 2.0 upon this program and Mark Coyle ran him off.

Maryland is a huge game. Win that, get a bye week, host Iowa. A win at Maryland sets the Gophers up for a possibly shocking 5-0 start. Would make the Iowa game that much better! [emoji16]

I'd rather play them after they got slapped by Temple than have them undefeated and full of confidence.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. The Gophers are 0-0 in the Big Ten.

Take it one game at a time. Remember that the Gophers were 3-0 last year before conference play. Let's see if we can beat Maryland first.

You just can't ever be happy, can you? The basement is a lonely place for a reason.

Not me. All odds makers say that we are still likely to lose to Iowa and Wisconsin. Zack has only a week of recuperation before we are at Maryland so that one can't be assumed. Nebraska could be much better by the time we go there to play them. Even a team like Illinois could be a surprise loss on the road (like they were in 2014); they looked better despite losing this weekend.

You just can't ever be happy, can you? The basement is a lonely place for a reason.

Climb out of it carefully. Yeah, I see possibilities. We'v e been jilted so many times before.

I want to enjoy this season thoroughly if it does happen.

We may have a true Mankato Jesus miracle in our hands.

That wasn't the fault of the fans. Until the bowl, 2016 was a slightly disappointing season but I don't recall a large proportion of true fans calling for Tracy's head. I think the administration just thought that he hit his ceiling, his buyout was extremely cheap, and it was the right time to make a move.

Well, since a lot of people seem to put a lot of faith in the head coach, I will just point out that, on his radio show, Fleck said the team has a 1-game season - vs. Maryland next week.

And, I agree with him. You can only play one game a week. you can't control what any other team does. All you can control is what you do against your next opponent. There will be injuries that impact teams. And, just because Team X played poorly against Opponent Y in Week #3, that does not mean that Team X will play poorly against Opponent Z in Week #7. Match-ups. Match-ups.

The Gophers have 9 1-week seasons coming up. When it's all over, we can look at the final record.

Maryland looks like a program in disarray.
Iowa defense looks stellar. Will be a tough game.
Nebraska will be a very good team when they get their QB back
Illinois got a bunch of players back and almost beat a very good USF
NW has years where they look like crap early and play well late.
Purdue has a great offense and bad defense.

Maryland is probably the easiest game left on the schedule. Need a W

Top Bottom