Rivals reporting Watkins commit...

cncmin

Reaction score
...is this the "second" commit that GL was reporting?

Great to have him, hopefully he will have some influence on Gainer too.

I thought he might commit pretty soon, especially after the amount of chatter about him for the past few weeks.

Now Gainer has a tough call to make. Does he still want to play with his cousin? Or is he leaning towards staying with IU, Michigan State or somebody else? Should be interesting to see what happens.

With Lewan out of the fold, it seems like our top targets are now Leon, Paige, Carter, Gainer, and McNeal. Wouldn't be surprised to see Leon or Paige pull the trigger sometime soon as well.

...is this the "second" commit that GL was reporting?

It was not. I talked to him, and he actually didn't want officially commit until tomorrow night (and I personally, didn't think he'd commit until then), but since he had his football banquet tonight, he announced it there...and didn't think it would get out, lol. I told him, with a zillion dudes stalking you, there's no way anything stays private, unless you really know and trust who you're talking to! He said he had no clue what Jeremy Gainer was thinking, and that his official is January 9th to Michigan State, so we'll know after that.

I thought he might commit pretty soon, especially after the amount of chatter about him for the past few weeks.

Now Gainer has a tough call to make. Does he still want to play with his cousin? Or is he leaning towards staying with IU, Michigan State or somebody else? Should be interesting to see what happens.

With Lewan out of the fold, it seems like our top targets are now Leon, Paige, Carter, Gainer, and McNeal. Wouldn't be surprised to see Leon or Paige pull the trigger sometime soon as well.

It sounds like Gainer is down to Minnesota & MSU.

Good "get" and hopefully it influences Gainer as well.

Under Mason we'd be doing backflips about Watkins. For reference he's have been the second highest ranked recruit behind Alex Daniels (ahead of Dom Jones) a few years back when we got the Brookhaven boys.

Top Bottom