Shooter: Courtney James is coaching HS ball in Indiana; Miles Tarver coaching in Cali

Courtney James takes a pass under the hoop against Kentucky. He dunks on the head of the kentucky nerd. The kentucky nerd sets himself under the basket as his head is being dunked on.

The Gophers are taking this game over and are going to the championship.

Oh wait, as Courtney went straight up and dunked to put the gophers up 5, Courtney is somehow called for a charge. That basket is wiped away. Clem throws his jacket and gets a technical. Kentucky hits all the free throws, takes the ball in bounds, nails a 3, and suddenly the gophers are down. They should have been up 5 with all the momentum with about 8 minutes to go in the game.

I'm still pissed off about this.

We would have beaten Arizona and won it all.

Courtney James takes a pass under the hoop against Kentucky. He dunks on the head of the kentucky nerd. The kentucky nerd sets himself under the basket as his head is being dunked on.

Oh wait, as Courtney went straight up and dunked to put the gophers up 5, Courtney is somehow called for a charge. That basket is wiped away. Clem throws his jacket and gets a technical. Kentucky hits all the free throws, takes the ball in bounds, nails a 3, and suddenly the gophers are down. They should have been up 5 with all the momentum with about 8 minutes to go in the game.

I remember the play vividly, somehow I forgot the score at the time. OUCH. I am convinced we beat Arizona even without Eric Harris healthy. Kentucky, with Eric Harris injured, was the worst match up in the field for us. At the time, I got over this loss quickly as that season was (and still is) the most satisfying of any in my lifetime of Minnesota sports fandom (Gophers BB and FB, Vikings, Timberwolves). The struggles since that point, make it kind of a weird memory at this point. I didn't believe we were destined to be Final Four regulars or anything, but I couldn't imagine I'd watch 20 years without another conference title or even something as meager as a Sweet 16 berth. Hopefully this program can get back on its feet soon, there is really no excuse to not be at least occasionally competitive on a national level.

It was a brutal call that would have gotten us to within 2 or 1 if they called it other way. 47-43 kentucky at the 1420 mark. They hit both technical shots to go up 6.

It was a brutal call that would have gotten us to within 2 or 1 if they called it other way. 47-43 kentucky at the 1420 mark. They hit both technical shots to go up 6.
To be fair we battled back and took the lead, those 27 turnovers did us no favours either

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

To be fair we battled back and took the lead, those 27 turnovers did us no favours either

Yeah your right! The problem was all of that led to us being down 9, and by making the comeback and having to work so hard in the process we were exhausted. We were spent and that was the end unfortunately!

Wasn't it Courtney James who set the pick on Tony Gonzalez when we played Cal at the Metrodome? To this day I don't think he ever got tagged in football like he did on that play. We got the ball and the refs stopped the play instead of waiting for Cal to get possession. I also believe that was Bobby Jacksons first game action as a Gopher.

I remember the play vividly, somehow I forgot the score at the time. OUCH. I am convinced we beat Arizona even without Eric Harris healthy. Kentucky, with Eric Harris injured, was the worst match up in the field for us. At the time, I got over this loss quickly as that season was (and still is) the most satisfying of any in my lifetime of Minnesota sports fandom (Gophers BB and FB, Vikings, Timberwolves). The struggles since that point, make it kind of a weird memory at this point. I didn't believe we were destined to be Final Four regulars or anything, but I couldn't imagine I'd watch 20 years without another conference title or even something as meager as a Sweet 16 berth. Hopefully this program can get back on its feet soon, there is really no excuse to not be at least occasionally competitive on a national level.

Kentucky won by 9 and did it without the great Derek Anderson who missed the game with an injury. He was one of the very best players in the sec and averaged nearly 18 points per game.

Kentucky won by 9 and did it without the great Derek Anderson who missed the game with an injury. He was one of the very best players in the sec and averaged nearly 18 points per game.
Thanks captain obvious

Thanks captain obvious

Not very obvious in a post mentioning the Harris injury and not the Anderson injury. Plus the rampant cheating for us to get there. Then there is of course the guys that mention we would have , should have won. I posted facts.

Not very obvious in a post mentioning the Harris injury and not the Anderson injury. Plus the rampant cheating for us to get there. Then there is of course the guys that mention we would have , should have won. I posted facts.

Oh, oh we're very close to somebody chiming in that the season never happened.

Oh, oh we're very close to somebody chiming in that the season never happened.

That's fine. They can erase it, but they can't take away all the excitement and how much fun i had watching it!

Top Bottom