No-Butts-In-The-Seats Complaint Thread

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Need a thread about what appeared to be a mostly empty stadium today...at least from 211...

I'll start...

"It was too hot for a football game today in Minnesota..."

For those who had this excuse, there were three...count them..three...free water stations today. Usually have to pay $6.00 for a bottle of water in November...

Not an excuse...

Where's Dilly Bar Dan when you need him?

Need a thread about what appeared to be a mostly empty stadium today...at least from 211...

I'll start...

"It was too hot for a football game today in Minnesota..."

For those who had this excuse, there were three...count them..three...free water stations today. Usually have to pay $6.00 for a bottle of water in November...

Not an excuse...

Where's Dilly Bar Dan when you need him?

Heat was definitely a factor. Medical people were tending to a lot of people both in the tailgate lots and inside the stadium. There were many watching the game from the shaded concourse. Normally I'd be with you but not today.

Worst attendance of the year. There were alot of people standing in concourse out of the sun but I still think attendance was poor. I haven't heard the number yet.

Concur on if we beat Maryland the Bank will be rockin' after the bye week.

We had free water at Gate A and there was an announcement after halftime that mentioned A with two others. I thought it was a nice touch.

Also missed the free water. Tried to buy some at the 6 minute mark in the FIRST QUARTER and they were out. Multiple places were out of water also out of large soda and lids. WTF

Having said that...stayed til Hail Minnesota at the end.

Later in the game the sunny side was pretty empty, the shady side quite full.

It is not a crime to want to be comfortable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Later in the game the sunny side was pretty empty, the shady side quite full.

It is not a crime to want to be comfortable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

i thought the same i thought it was the biggest crowd we had during the 1 quarter then it died real fast.

I was in 216, i was so hot, I felt sick and had to leave the game. I'm a bigger guy and still feel heat stressed. Conditions were tough today. Still hydrating, the humidty made it rough. I'm not the only one that left early quite a few of us left halftime. I usually make the whole game but not today. Seemed l
Me a lot more peopke at kickoff then even by endeof first quarter. Hats off to the players that was a tough one today. Reminded me of Jerry Kill's first game weather wise.from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stay through 3. Sit on the sunny side and just felt I had to leave. Heat was a factor. Get your jokes in now, because in November the sunny side will be great.

I was there like I always am but I was hot. I prefer to be bundled up and have it snowing during the game.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worried about the crowd today. I know a lot of the general crowd would struggle, the thing that gets me is it looked like the student section was EMPTY. C'mon you young kids, SHOW UP!

We stayed to the end on the sunny side. Of course we were hanging around because we were headed to volleyball which was cancelled because of the heat in the PAV.

I worried about the crowd today. I know a lot of the general crowd would struggle, the thing that gets me is it looked like the student section was EMPTY. C'mon you young kids, SHOW UP!

The student section was filled from what I heard. Dissipated towards the end of the game though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is this surprising? Despite many down years Gopher hockey always has a chance to beat the opponent and top ten teams come through all the team, and no one shows up.

It was Miami and not the good one.

I reluctantly mention that the attack on fossil fuels is over. Good news since ASU researchers have released a study indicating (who knows) that air pollution is causing a spike in dementia. Enjoy the heat, its only going to get better :clap:

We saw two women (separate from each other) faint in the corridor while waiting in line. The medics were quick to respond and hopefully both are OK.

Go Gophers!!

It was one of those days where I was very happy to have home side season tickets. Attendance was pretty good for the first half. Second half, the sunny side was basically empty. Seemed like the shady side stayed pretty full however.

WTH? It was only 92 degrees. We will beat Maryland and TCF will be full for Iowa. Lots of Black and Yella. Careful in the restrooms.

The stadium looked fairly full at the start but people left their seats early, especially on the sunny side. To me it looked like more people in the seats at the start than the NMSU game.

I don't blame people for not showing up though. Between the heat and playing a bad team from the MAC, this was just not that appealing of a game to go to. I'll be more concerned if attendance is still poor during Big Ten games.

The weather was no joke. I promised my kids (4 & 2)that I would take them to a game. Didn’t realize that made me a bad fan when we left early.

Shortly after the half, the stadium was sold out of all bottled drinks, other than beer.
Heat was reminiscent of the NMSU game in 2011.

My son and I gutted it out through the school song after the game... on the sunny side. I'm zonking out on the couch now though.

Shortly after the half, the stadium was sold out of all bottled drinks, other than beer.
Heat was reminiscent of the NMSU game in 2011.

My son and I gutted it out through the school song after the game... on the sunny side. I'm zonking out on the couch now though.

We got home around 6:30. Still drinking water..

I'm giving the attendance a pass for this one.... it was horrific weather.

It was one of those days where I was very happy to have home side season tickets. Attendance was pretty good for the first half. Second half, the sunny side was basically empty. Seemed like the shady side stayed pretty full however.

I was so happy to be in the shade.

WTH? It was only 92 degrees. We will beat Maryland and TCF will be full for Iowa. Lots of Black and Yella. Careful in the restrooms.

It was WAY worse than "only 92". It was terrible.

Top Bottom