Purple Lamborghini song was back on kickoffs today!!

They changed it back! Made me smile.

Made you smile? How embarrassing to the University that crap is being played over the band.

The song really represents the University in a positive “socially” and “spiritually” way. Talking about murder and trafficking narcotics. Glad our team can be reminded of that every time we kick off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made you smile? How embarrassing to the University that crap is being played over the band.

The song really represents the University in a positive “socially” and “spiritually” way. Talking about murder and trafficking narcotics. Glad our team can be reminded of that every time we kick off.

That escalated quickly. Yup Gophers are endorsing drug use. Lighten up! :rolleyes: Remember that Its 18-22 year olds. I don't like Drake or Kanye either but they do. At least purple Lamborghini is funny. Go find some clouds to yell at

That escalated quickly. Yup Gophers are endorsing drug use. Lighten up! :rolleyes: Remember that Its 18-22 year olds. I don't like Drake or Kanye either but they do. At least purple Lamborghini is funny. Go find some clouds to yell at

How are they not condoning that behavior? The song is literally about how Rick Ross is saying he is going to murder those who interfere with his narcotics trafficking.

So now the 18-22 year old players aren’t old enough to comprehend the lyrics?

Song lyrics:

“Don't be beggin' for your life cause that's a lost cause
High stakes, body armor, suicide boy
There's a time for games and there's a time to kill
Make up your mind baby cause the time is here
Capital murder, capital lettuce
Yeah she catchin' my vibe but can't fathom my cheddar
Need a couple gang members for these new endeavors
From this point on anything we do, we do together
Body on the corner, million in the trunk
Seven figures, I will spend that every other month
Killers on the corner, talons in the clip
Build a palace out in Paris just to fill with bitches
Say my name and I’m coming with the gun squad
Everybody runnin', homie, there’s only one God
Cocaine, white Ferrari, I'm in the fast lane
Every day was life and death, that's when the cash came
Count money, drug residue even blood on it
He had a trap 'til I put my cuz on it
Kickin’ in the dope boy, Suicide Squad
Needle in my arm so I’m do or die for it”

And what books do you think should be banned?

It's a fun song. Yeah, the lyrics suck. But that's the case for almost every rap song. If it hypes up the players and the crowd, let's do it. I think the players understand the difference between a song and real-life.

You don't have to take everything so literally, you know. It's a song that gets the players and students hyped. You're really showing your age here...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And what books do you think should be banned?

What kind of comment is that? A book sits on a shelf until someone chooses to read it.

This song is part of the “game day experience” where people associate a positive event in the game (scoring points) with a song about murdering people. Really the kind of “culture change” we as fans want to see that this is allowed.

You don't have to take everything so literally, you know. It's a song that gets the players and students hyped. You're really showing your age here...

So if it helps us win, just do it? Win at all costs, got it. Buy in to the “culture.”

I didn't even know what it was. I assume that the worst (or any?) of the lyrics were used? If not.....then who cares. Settle down nana.

We should be concerned fixing the lame 3rd quarter break garbage.

Here are the lyrics the Gophers use:

Ain't no mercy, a-ain't no mercy
Got that purple Lamborghini lurkin'
Ain't no mercy, a-ain't no mercy
Got that purple Lamborghini lurkin

What kind of comment is that? A book sits on a shelf until someone chooses to read it.

This song is part of the “game day experience” where people associate a positive event in the game (scoring points) with a song about murdering people. Really the kind of “culture change” we as fans want to see that this is allowed.

It's okay, grandma. I know you're still upset that they showed Mr. and Mrs. Brady in the same bed that one time.

So now when anyone on here has a different opinion, we resort to name-calling. Understood.

Stop being a victim and lighten up. You came across as crotchedy and out of touch, and you didn't even know what part of the lyrics were used. You got called out on it. Chalk it up as a loss and move on.

So now when anyone on here has a different opinion, we resort to name-calling. Understood.

Settle down, nana. You'll get yourself all worked up before 'Murder She Wrote' starts and have trouble solving the crimes.

So if it helps us win, just do it? Win at all costs, got it. Buy in to the “culture.”

They don't even play the offensive lyrics, it's just the chorus. Chill out Grandpa

Stop being a victim and lighten up. You came across as crotchedy and out of touch, and you didn't even know what part of the lyrics were used. You got called out on it. Chalk it up as a loss and move on.

I quite did know which lyrics were used in the stadium. The point is what it represents. Don’t give me this changing the culture bs and let that crap fill the minds of young people.

Me when I hear that song:

YOinkKe.png

I quite did know which lyrics were used in the stadium. The point is what it represents. Don’t give me this changing the culture bs and let that crap fill the minds of young people.

I shouldn't poke the bear but I can't help myself.

The song they play when Fleck walks the team down the tunnel.

Killing Strangers by Marilyn Manson

Its without lyrics. Still Im guessing you're not a fan.

I really hope you never subjected yourself to an episode of M*A*S*H. Playing "Suicide is Painless" as the show's theme song would have poisoned your mind something awful.

I shouldn't poke the bear but I can't help myself.

The song they play when Fleck walks the team down the tunnel.

Killing Strangers by Marilyn Manson

Its without lyrics. Still Im guessing you're not a fan.

Part of the game day experience? Then probably not ...

I don’t despise the team using rap music for hype, etc. I just think there have to be better options available that support a more positive game day experience.

And why tf is it being played at the same time as the when the band is playing? Disrespectful at best to them too.

I really hope you never subjected yourself to an episode of M*A*S*H. Playing "Suicide is Painless" as the show's theme song would have poisoned your mind something awful.

Cute. Keep driving the topic away from the point to fit your narrative as to who I am or how I would perceive things.

I don’t despise the team using rap music for hype, etc. I just think there have to be better options available that support a more positive game day experience.

And why tf is it being played at the same time as the when the band is playing? Disrespectful at best to them too.

My theory is there is a bit of a clash between "this is great for practice" and "this gets the crowd going".... they're leaning towards what works for practices, less so crowd.

Please don't write "tf" anymore. What it represents fills our minds with crap. There have to be better options available that support a more positive GopherHole experience.

Fair enough. I disagree but I can see your point of view.

My last post in this thread.

Top Bottom