[POST GAME THREAD] - Minnesota defeats Miami (OH) 26 - 3

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
What’d ya think, Gopherhole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t see the game, but how are Zach, Cashman, and I think it was Connelly? They hurt bad?

Anybody have a link to where I could watch this? YouTube was supposed to DVR this for me, but failed to do so.

Nobody was hurt bad. We played really poorly after the game was put away. Dropped snaps, interceptions, fumbles. Not a good way to finish the game. They did win, but that won't cut it next week.

Anybody have a link to where I could watch this? YouTube was supposed to DVR this for me, but failed to do so.

Fox Sports Go will likely have it in the Replay section...

Nice when you can win handily and still have plenty of things to work on. Lots of teachable moments after this one.

3-0 going into conference play! Can't complain about that!

Zach will be fine. It was Olson, not Connelly. The news on Connelly is he is diagnosed with cancer and he requests you prayers.

Zach will be fine. It was Olson, not Connelly. The news on Connelly is he is diagnosed with cancer and he requests you prayers.

Whoops. Sorry. Good luck to Connelly.

Olson doing alright? I know the thread said they were all limping.

Wasn't the prettiest game but a 23 point win is a 23 point win.

I missed most of the second half due to a late addition to the home repair request list, but they sure seemed to play things really close to the vest today. It was obvious to me in the first half that opponents know what Rashod Bateman is all about. Curious to see if they open up the playbook a little more to spring him.

Our oline really needs to step it up and Annexstad needs to recognize the all-out blitz a tick faster. I thought the defense had moments good and bad, but the Redhawks' offense was pretty putrid.

Nice when you can win handily and still have plenty of things to work on. Lots of teachable moments after this one.

3-0 going into conference play! Can't complain about that!

Pretty much this. Probably only 50% of Gopher fans would've predicted 3-0, so that's an accomplishment right there.

Today was sloppy. TJ dropped a couple balls, but he also dominated on the whole. OL allowed some big hits on the QB, but they were much better in the run game. Defense was very solid again, although the pass rush continues to be lackluster. Miami lost their two biggest playmakers fairly early in the game and had a couple turnovers (including one where the QB simply dropped the ball) making this an easier win. Staff did play things close to the vest as somebody else said, but I wasn't comfortable until that score in the 3rd quarter.

Agree on Bateman. He was basically shut down most of the game. Actually opened things for Tyler so I'll take it.

A win is a win. Neither Nebraska nor Wisconsin nor Maryland can say that today....

I can’t figure out why JFC #28 don’t get carries .. BW #21 shouldn’t have carried that many times..

Pretty much this. Probably only 50% of Gopher fans would've predicted 3-0, so that's an accomplishment right there.

Today was sloppy. TJ dropped a couple balls, but he also dominated on the whole. OL allowed some big hits on the QB, but they were much better in the run game. Defense was very solid again, although the pass rush continues to be lackluster. Miami lost their two biggest playmakers fairly early in the game and had a couple turnovers (including one where the QB simply dropped the ball) making this an easier win. Staff did play things close to the vest as somebody else said, but I wasn't comfortable until that score in the 3rd quarter.

I disagree with some things.

Our pass rush wasn't bad (IMO), Miami rarely just dropped back and threw the ball because Coughlin was pretty disruptive. The unforced fumble was also, at least partially, the result of the pass rush.

As far as our OL, they weren't great with pass protection, but some of that is on Zack and Tanner Morgan. Tanner Morgan's INT was on him or the RB. Two of Zack's sacks were on him. I am incredibly impressed with Zack, but he does not have very good pocket presence.

Completely agree.

Yeah, JFC had a carry in the first half where he really didn't hit the hole hard, he didn't play another snap.

In a couple weeks, it'll be Mo and Williams, then Mo, Brooks, and Williams.

Young team that still makes mistakes. There is a huge drop off from Anexstad to Morgan. # 17 Seth Green should be QB if Anexstad gets hurt. Tanner Morgan not a Big 10 level QB, just my opinion. I hope Anexstad doesn't get hurt, they would win zero games with Morgn at Qb.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Young team that still makes mistakes. There is a huge drop off from Anexstad to Morgan. # 17 Seth Green should be QB if Anexstad gets hurt. Tanner Morgan not a Big 10 level QB, just my opinion. I hope Anexstad doesn't get hurt, they would win zero games with Morgn at Qb.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Wow. Hyperbole much?

It was a small sample size, but Morgan did not look good. I would also rather see Green.

A few quick thoughts:

Pros:
- Was nice to see the Gophers dominate a team they were supposed to dominate. The play calling was incredibly conservative second half and we still managed to win by 23.
- Offensive line was opening up some massive holes in the running game.
- Defense looked great again, allowing less than four yards per play. Will be interesting to see how the run defense holds up against tougher opponents, but I'm optimistic we will see improvement vs last year.

Neutral:
- Bryce Williams is a nice player but doesn't have the "it" factor required to be a star, IMO. He can find and hit the hole hard, but doesn't seem to be able to make anyone miss at the second level. Will be interesting to see what Ibrahim brings next week.
- Annexstad looked good again and his timing was crisp on many throws across the middle, but he struggled again on the deep ball. He also stuck to one read for most of the game, which was disappointing, but presumably due to the struggle pass blocking up front.

(before you attack me, yes, I realize Annexstad is the best QB we've had in a long time. I'm just mentioning two areas where I would like to see him improve)

Cons:
- Nitpicking, but the offense only put up 290 yards on 70 plays (4.1 yards per play). I attribute much of this to the conservative play calling in the second half, but it would've been nice to see the offense continue to move the ball, as yards per play is one of the most predictive metrics in football.

Overall, a great win and an exciting time to be a Gopher fan!

This was probably brought up in the game thread, but the white numbers and collar are a huge downgrade for the M-M-G unis. The uniforms were kind of a mess today.

This was probably brought up in the game thread, but the white numbers and collar are a huge downgrade for the M-M-G unis. The uniforms were kind of a mess today.

I have seen enough of these ugly uniforms. Why we have those ugly white numbers and white collars, I have no idea.

The team resembles the Washington Redskins, not the Golden Gophers.

I am not too crazy about the glaring white sox and white shoes either.

A huge step back from the classic Kill era uniforms.

From here on hout I'd prefer to see the all white look on the road or the anthricite, anything but those awful home maroon jerseys, polluted with all the crap.

I guess if team keeps winning it does not matter, but why incoming coaches feel the need to screw up a perfectly good classic uniform......

Fleck said in postgame Mohammed Ibrahim will be back next week.
After today I still think I'd rather have Williams get the bulk of the carries. That said, we haven't seen Ibrahim much so who knows his potential.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Unis looked great. Very clean.

Love the improvement from Bryce and the o line in run blocking. Annexstad will continue to improve on the deep ball.

Our linebackers are great but we need more pass rush. Secondary is more solid than I expected.

Big ten west looks weak. We have an opportunity but we must continue to improve and maintain consistency drive to drive.

Top Bottom