After 3-0 non-conference start, the Gophers are?...

• Better than I expected

Votes: 66 54.1%
  • Worse than I expected

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • About what I expected

Votes: 54 44.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Better than last year with a much brighter future. There will be some bumps in the road but this young team will be gaining valuable experience. There will be games next year where people will have trouble finding tickets.

Need to start filling the stadium. This team is worth it. Please NYD Bowl game, please.

I expected to be 3-0 but I didn't expect us to beat the spread in the first two games.

Better than I expected

I expected to be 3-0 but I didn't expect us to beat the spread in the first two games.

Better than I expected

Yes, better than I expected and a much more complete squad than we saw last year. But, based on what we saw today after he left the game, an injury to Zack Annexstad would be disastrous.

About what I expected on the whole. Looking like a great chance at 6 or 7 wins, which is what many predicted.

Both O and D faster and more athletic than previous years...even more than I expected. Still very disciplined. QB better than I thought and could be VERY good in coming years. T. Smith is a revelation on the back end...his quick development is so huge for a unit that was clearly the weakness coming into the year.

Pass rush very disappointing. OL giving up too many hits on the QB and not getting enough push early in the first two games.

Zack is the starter with Seth in for the short yardage situations. I like it.

Not sure about Tanner but agree need to protect Zack. He took 3 sacks today (maybe 2?) and he's no Leidner taking a hit or being under a pile.

They were what we thought they were. If you want to crown them then crown their ass.

Oops sorry, channeling my inner Denny Green. I was not able to watch this game, but I think they are about what I thought they would be. The exception is how well Zack has done.

Haven’t we beat the spread in all 3 games? I don’t see how you can pick anything but better than expected.

Voted better than expected. Defense has done great and there is finally a reason to feel hopeful about the offense and its ability to throw the forward pass.

This is going to be an up and down year as this team is not there yet but looking at the offense it is tough not to be excited about the prospects of what some of these guys could develop into based on how they have looked so far (Annexstad, Bateman, Williams.....)

We all hate the idea of wait till next year but the prospects for this offense especially next year are off the charts. A healthy Smith and Brooks in the backfield to go along with an emerging group of WR and a kid who looks like he could be a really good QB, how can you not be excited about that?

The talent upgrade is easy to see with some of these young players. If the coaching staff can continue to bring in players along those same lines and better the future could be very bright.

Better than expected.

I still worry about the D secondary and OL.

Much better at passing than past recent teams. I hope they keep going for the deep passes four or five times a game as they will start to click eventually.
They are so thin at a couple of positions that health is going to be a huge factor.

About what I expected on offense, and better than expected on D.

I thought this was a 10-2 team with an upside of 12-0, downside of 8-4.

Still think that.

Annexstad better than I thought, Morgan not as good as I hoped, Green Power package better than I thought.

Smith out not good, Ibrahim looked good week one but injured not good, Williams better than I thought. Didn’t expect Brooks as a run option this year, so that’s good.

Greene, Weyler, Olson look solid as expected...Andries about where I thought. Thought Schlueter would be backing up Dickson.

Tyler Johnson looked great in Spring game, has looked great this year.

Thought Bateman would have better stats, thought AutmanBell would have better stats, thought Douglas would have better stats. Thought Green would be involved as a pass catching option.

Caprpenter has been good as expected, Herbers had a very good day to assuage some early concerns, punt return has had some very good moment, some not as good.

Cashman better than expected, Coughlin better than expected, was hoping Winfield would look great and he has, Moore and OJ Smith a big, solid duo up the middle as expected, Winston better than I expected, Barber has looked solid as expected, Moore and Martin and Ju Huff playing well as expected.

T Smith an unexpected godsend, knew he was fast, but he is a football player, not just a sprinter...Was hoping Kiondre would look better...Shenault and Durr both better than expected..Huff maybe better than expected..Had hoped Williamson would be starting; hope he gets healthy...Howden may help at safety if needed...that was unexpected...Sapp running well was hoped for, maybe not expected by me.

Kieft and Beebe are big, physical blocker as expected...

I thought Northwestern, Purdue, Illini, Nebraska, Maryland would have issues and would be beatable and that seems right, maybe even more than I thought. Indiana better than I thought but like getting them at home on a Friday night. Thought Iowa would look worse than they have. Surprised Wisconsin is lose to BYU bad.

I thought this was a 10-2 team with an upside of 12-0, downside of 8-4.

Still think that.

Annexstad better than I thought, Morgan not as good as I hoped, Green Power package better than I thought.

Smith out not good, Ibrahim looked good week one but injured not good, Williams better than I thought. Didn’t expect Brooks as a run option this year, so that’s good.

Greene, Weyler, Olson look solid as expected...Andries about where I thought. Thought Schlueter would be backing up Dickson.

Tyler Johnson looked great in Spring game, has looked great this year.

Thought Bateman would have better stats, thought AutmanBell would have better stats, thought Douglas would have better stats. Thought Green would be involved as a pass catching option.

Caprpenter has been good as expected, Herbers had a very good day to assuage some early concerns, punt return has had some very good moment, some not as good.

Cashman better than expected, Coughlin better than expected, was hoping Winfield would look great and he has, Moore and OJ Smith a big, solid duo up the middle as expected, Winston better than I expected, Barber has looked solid as expected, Moore and Martin and Ju Huff playing well as expected.

T Smith an unexpected godsend, knew he was fast, but he is a football player, not just a sprinter...Was hoping Kiondre would look better...Shenault and Durr both better than expected..Huff maybe better than expected..Had hoped Williamson would be starting; hope he gets healthy...Howden may help at safety if needed...that was unexpected...Sapp running well was hoped for, maybe not expected by me.

Kieft and Beebe are big, physical blocker as expected...

I thought Northwestern, Purdue, Illini, Nebraska, Maryland would have issues and would be beatable and that seems right, maybe even more than I thought. Indiana better than I thought but like getting them at home on a Friday night. Thought Iowa would look worse than they have. Surprised Wisconsin is lose to BYU bad.

I definitely want what you're drinking.

Went from a 6-8 win bowl team max to a team that might be able to cap out at 9-10 wins with an outside chance to win the B1G west.

The team went 3-0 last year in non conference games I am no more excited this year than last.

The team went 3-0 last year in non conference games I am no more excited this year than last.

It's a real catch. Beating three lower division teams can have us feeling good, but if we go 2-7 the rest of the way, we'll be disappointed.

With what we've seen out of our B1G opponents, and us looking better than I thought, this could be a 9-10 team if we execute well.

Given our youth, and QB & RB situation, I don't know how one could be anything but thrilled with our start. I love how hard we play.

If things go our way I think we could win as many as 7 Big Ten games, but I'll predict 4-5. The biggest limitations this season will be our RB depth and lack of downfield passing game.

Zack is the starter with Seth in for the short yardage situations. I like it.

Not sure about Tanner but agree need to protect Zack. He took 3 sacks today (maybe 2?) and he's no Leidner taking a hit or being under a pile.

Agree the oline needs to get better. Morgan looks like he took a step backwards.

We still have no idea. We could still crap the bed in B1G play. Our OL looks avg at best. Annexstad is hurt. Our best offensive player is out for the season.

We could end up with only 1 or 2 B1G wins or we could gel and beat a downtrodden B1G and finish with 9 wins. According to forecasts we are favored based in 5 remaining games. If this holds and we win these games, an 8 win season would be beyond anyone's reasonable expectation.

Plus lose we Carpenter, Greene, Cashman, and Huff from next yrs 2 deep roster, not starters, 2 deeps!!! Almost the entire 2 deeps return for next year!

Voted better than expected. Defense has done great and there is finally a reason to feel hopeful about the offense and its ability to throw the forward pass.

This is going to be an up and down year as this team is not there yet but looking at the offense it is tough not to be excited about the prospects of what some of these guys could develop into based on how they have looked so far (Annexstad, Bateman, Williams.....)

We all hate the idea of wait till next year but the prospects for this offense especially next year are off the charts. A healthy Smith and Brooks in the backfield to go along with an emerging group of WR and a kid who looks like he could be a really good QB, how can you not be excited about that?

The talent upgrade is easy to see with some of these young players. If the coaching staff can continue to bring in players along those same lines and better the future could be very bright.

What he said.

JTG

Top Bottom