Who is the Gophers MVP in dominating win over Miami (OH)?

• Jacob Herbers

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Tyler Johnson

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Bryce Williams

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Antonio Shenault

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Zack Annexstad

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Zack, battled through on a rolled ankle. Did his job.

Herbers...3 punts inside the 10 yard line

Have to go with Williams for stepping up and carrying the load.

I went Herbers. He changed his best. I have to think coach gave him a game ball after 3 punts inside the 10 yard line.

I went Herbers. He changed his best. I have to think coach gave him a game ball after 3 punts inside the 10 yard line.

Nice use of program speak, my friend! :clap:

I went with Williams. He was a deer in headlights for most of the game last week...head down, straight ahead, zero vision. He looked like a RB today. On the very first drive he made a great cut back across the entire line on a stretch play. He was patient, finding the holes, and finishing runs violently like Shannon Brooks. Team is fortunate to have a 4th stringer this good. Losing Rodney might still cost this team a win at some point, but things ain't looking too bad...

I'd go Herbers too. Johnson a close 2nd.

RT needs some work. Hope he figures it out in Maryland

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I took Johnson, because he had the scores. Williams a close 2nd because he was the running game. Too many carries, though.

On the ride home, I heard Fleck say that he thought Huff was the player of the game.

Herbers was outstanding. Burns criticized him after last week. Really delicered this week. Got my vote for controlling field position.

Very close. Went with Johnson but Herbers deserves major credit!

Went Johnson for the TDs but was torn between him and Herbers. I am hoping Herbers snags Special teams player of the week honors for the conference as he had an awesome game punting the ball and pinning Miami deep.

Think there could also be a spot for the entire defense. Anytime you hold a team to 3 points that is an MVP worthy effort by that unit even if there were not a lot of individual standouts.

I went with Herbers because when else do you get to vote for a punter?

TJ with three TD's is a sound choice, but when you start the game with an easy catch dropped to kill a drive, I can't just ignore that.

I went with Herbers because when else do you get to vote for a punter?

TJ with three TD's is a sound choice, but when you start the game with an easy catch dropped to kill a drive, I can't just ignore that.
Yes you can. Unless you have never competed at any level ever. Stupid comment.

Bryce Williams ran hard, great all purpose yards compiled. Hit the holes better than the last week, enough so that other true freshmen did not yet have to burn a redshirt game.

And Mo will be back next week to share the load.

Went with TJ but could just as well picked Herbers.

Herber' s the punter, he changed field position, that andJohnson for the 3Ds game balls and co players of the week to both. Not often
A punter helps win a football game. Honorable mention Thomas Barber.
Sent from mentio my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Bottom