BTN or BTN2GO

Tully55

Reaction score
Can't find today's game on BTN or Alt BTN. Was wondering if we're getting stiffed today and it's only available on BTN2GO?

Not getting stiffed. It's on one of the BTN alternate channels. Just like last year. And the year before. And the year before.

I've lived in PHX for 5 years and the game is on the alt channels about every other time. You'll find it. The problem is that you usually don't know which one until right before.

Last edited:

From another board:

Dish - 405-03 or 589
DirecTV - 610-2

But yes, if you have cable and in an area where they only offer the main BTN station then' you're screwed.

Last edited:

If you live in Minnesota (or maybe adjoining Big Ten states), you can get the Gophers on BTN.

Outside of BTN country, I believe it is a different story.

During the talk about PlayStation Vue and other streaming options last month nobody really talked about this but IIRC some of the streaming services don’t offer alternate channels for BTN, SEC, PAC12 network etc. Another consideration.

Directv 610-2 as mentioned but one cannot remote watch or record the BTN alternate channels via their app or Directv Now streaming service. I am traveling this weekend so will be forced to watch via BTN2Go on delay.

Last edited:

If you live in Minnesota (or maybe adjoining Big Ten states), you can get the Gophers on BTN.

Outside of BTN country, I believe it is a different story.

I've never had a problem here in Pac-12land. I have Xfinity and they offer the BTN and alt channels as part of the package.

Las Vegas here...Thank you all for the info...We have Dish and I couldn't find it anywhere as of last night.

Las Vegas here...Thank you all for the info...We have Dish and I couldn't find it anywhere as of last night.

Check out Dish - 403 to 405 or 589. If you already have BTN, it should be there.

Got it. Thank you!

For what it is worth, I am currently on hold with Dish trying to figure out why I cannot see the game, despite the fact I subscribe to BTN (via their regional action pack). They just told me the alternate BTN channels are part of the Multisport w/ Red Zone additional package which costs $13 per month. But they did offer to only charge me half price for 6 months. Does anyone else have this problem? Swear I used to get all of the alternate BTN channels as part of the BTN package.

I have the regional sports pack also, and I am only getting the 405-1 channel on Dish. Do not have 405-2, 3, or 4. Game finder shows the game as unavailable! This blows.

Looks like you have to have the minimum of America's Top 120+ to have access to the Big Ten alternate channels. Not going to pay $33/month extra PLUS $13/month to add the multi-sport pack. Prices on cable has gotten out of hand...

Looks like you have to have the minimum of America's Top 120+ to have access to the Big Ten alternate channels. Not going to pay $33/month extra PLUS $13/month to add the multi-sport pack. Prices on cable has gotten out of hand...

I'm doing Directv Now for $65 a month and I get the game through Fox Sports Go. It's a cable cutting option...

I have Youtube TV, and was baffled when I tried to turn on the game and it simply said it was unavailable.

A friend suggested to download the BTN2GO app on Roku, then use my Youtube TV login credentials to get the game. After some finagling, that worked. I would suggest giving this a try to those of you in the future that have BTN but can't get the game.

I downloaded the BTN app on Roku and use my provider credential to sign in and watch there.
The stream quality is generally much better than through the provider, with less freezing, etc.

I pay $55/month for directv. I get all the sport channels, alternate channels and HBO. Not sure why everyone else pays so much

Top Bottom