P.J. Fleck could accomplish something at MN that hasn't happened in more than 100 yrs

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Harvey:

Minnesota will take on Miami-OH this weekend in a game where the Gophers are favored by 13 points. The team will need to stay focused to avoid any letdown, but it will be a golden opportunity for the team to make it to 3-0.

According to the university, Fleck would be the first Minnesota coach since 1896-97 to begin his first two seasons with the team with a 3-0 record. The last coach to accomplish the feat was Alexander Jerrems. Fleck and the Gophers began 2017 with wins over Buffalo, Oregon State, and MTSU before finishing the year at 5-7.

Obviously a fast start is just the beginning, but Fleck certainly looks to be building something special at Minnesota. Can he lead the team to a win and a bit of history Saturday? Kickoff for the game is set for 3:30 pm EST on BTN.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://saturdaytradition.com/minne...something-minnesota-hasnt-happened-100-years/

Go Gophers!!

There should be no let down. The Gophers hopefully aren't thinking this game is already in the bag. Miami of Ohio is a wounded Redhawk team. They will come out fighting and scratching.

Jerrems was such a great coach. His offenses we’re so fun to watch

When I think Gopher football legends, I think Alexander Jerrems.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Jerrems was know for his catch phrase: Circle the Wagons "CTW". Fans bringing a wagon wheel to a game received free season tickets.

Maybe the Coffman Memorial building name ought to be changed to "Circle The Wagon" Jerrems Center.

Jerrems was know for his catch phrase: Circle the Wagons "CTW". Fans bringing a wagon wheel to a game received free season tickets.

Circle the Wagons or Row the Boat? Let the people decide..

Fact: PJ Fleck already has more conference wins in one season than Jerrems did his whole career at Minnesota.

That's how good PJ is.

By the way, this is really a key measure of success for the program.

I don't know how many boosters and fans have said... "We don't care about Big Ten Titles. What we are most concerned about is starting out 3-0 back to back years."

I hated all the CTW nonsense on the uniforms and all around the facilities. Wagon wheels every where you look. It was all about Jerrems. The guy was a snake oil salesmen. As shady as they come.

Blow em out. Get the backups some game action. That’s my expectation and hopefully the team does not have a let dow

U of M marketing digging deep and trying too hard once again...

I wish we had gotten D.M. Balliet instead, before he went to Purdue. He was a real football guy and wasn't constantly blowing smoke up your ass like Jerrems. You'd have thought we were the University of Jerrems for crying out loud.

I wish we had gotten D.M. Balliet instead, before he went to Purdue. He was a real football guy and wasn't constantly blowing smoke up your ass like Jerrems. You'd have thought we were the University of Jerrems for crying out loud.

Well, maybe Jerrems had a better BS to sell than the other guy. BS is a bigger enemy than lies someone said.

And this cover of the teams entrance music which was really ahead of it's time....way back when...

Wagons were considered to be "Prairie Schooners".

"Circle the Boats" and "Row the Wagons" actually works.

WAGON---SIDE-VIEW.jpg

circle+the+wagons.jpg

Jerrems first 2 wins were against high school teams.

From his Wikipedia page:

"After several weeks of negotiating a salary, Jerrems was engaged in May 1896, at age 21, and with a salary reported to be $1,200."

About 35K in today's dollars

Jerrems was the only coach that decade to coach more than one season.

Hardly a culture of sustainability.

Great, until it was time to hitch the horses and go home. Great idea, dad! Maybe we can put these tickets on the axles...

Top Bottom