Frost expects to be in Big Ten Championship game this December

I am still not happy the Gophers didn't get JD Spielman.

Lol. Missed FG. Still down 10-0 to Troy.

17-0 Troy. Tim Brewster-like start to the Big Red season.

Good thing is that they can now plan for the December 1 game in Lincoln.

Now down 17-0. I bet Frost is praying for another lightning strike.

So far I haven't been impressed by his media composure, complaining, constant yelling at refs. Is he always a tool?

My suggestion for Frost. If you have to be at the B1G championship game, buy a ticket! Doesn't look like his team is committed.

Different fans, different expectations.

Nebraska fans would scream bloody murder if a new coach talked about "throwing away" his first season the way that Mason, Brewster, Kill and Fleck did.

Only the fact that Frost is a "hometown boy" with a solid track record will keep them quiet if, God forbid, they only win 8-9 games.

Sure, go ahead and promise the moon and still only win 4 games... fans won’t take it any easier than if he said it was a rebuilding year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So far I haven't been impressed by his media composure, complaining, constant yelling at refs. Is he always a tool?

Looks to me like we have a need butthead in red!

Maybe the huskers can hire the Troy coach next year....

24-19 loss at home to drop to 0-2. Rough start to the Frost era.

Maybe he should adjust his sites to a Sun Belt title and hope someone can knock of Troy to do it.

Frost isn't worried about these noncon preseason games. His team is going to really show up during the big ten games.

Coach speak is just coach speak. No point in making fun of Nebraska for this. They have some of the best fans in the country.

Coach speak is just coach speak. No point in making fun of Nebraska for this. They have some of the best fans in the country.

So..., they are arrogant and think they are much better than they really are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know how to feel about Nebby's loss.
Walk-on QB, who actually had decent stats.
Losing at home to Troy though... shouldn't your defense do better?

Martinez is a really good QB. What that Colorado LB did to him was beyond dirty play, it was criminal. Frost should do less talking and more coachin, it s not 2006 anymore.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Different fans, different expectations.

Nebraska fans would scream bloody murder if a new coach talked about "throwing away" his first season the way that Mason, Brewster, Kill and Fleck did.

Only the fact that Frost is a "hometown boy" with a solid track record will keep them quiet if, God forbid, they only win 8-9 games.
Brewster came in talking Rose Bowls and installing Rosebowl turf, then went 1-11

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Frost had the look of a beaten man in his post game presser after the loss to Troy, in both demeanor and non verbal.

Said something to the effect that the players that are not buying in can leave now.

Frost needs to pump th brakes. I don’t care if their QB is out. You don’t lose to Troy at home.

If Annexstad hadn’t played today, I’d still have expected the gophers to win.

Nebraska just replaced their game with Akron with Bethune-Cookman.

Guessing Akron was too much of a risk of another embarrassing loss to find a week to make up their game (was cancelled due to lightning).

"Our great fans and our football student-athletes deserve a full schedule," athletic director Bill Moos said in a statement released Thursday. "We appreciate the patience of our fans through this process. While there may be some conflicts on what was originally a bye week, we know Memorial Stadium will be packed to watch the Huskers on a fall Saturday."

Last edited:

Nebby's remaining schedule

MI - L
Pur - W
Wis - L
NW - W
Min - ?
Bethune-C - W
OSU - L
Ill - W
Mi St - L
Iowa - L

There is a nonzero chance that Bethune-Cookman is Nebraska's only win this year. They'll probably beat Illinois and win a game or two that they shouldn't (hell, they might beat us), but the point is - man, they aren't good.

The NW game is on the road, that will likely be an L. They have 3 wins out there. The rest I'm guess they will be underdogs. They are -17 at Michigan this weekend, ouch.

Top Bottom