The Tale OF "Twos" – Miami Travels To Minnesota - Miami Student

Iceland12

Reaction score
Saturday’s Miami-Minnesota game is a matchup of two teams in very different positions two weeks into the 2018 season.

The RedHawks have stumbled out of the gate with losses to Marshall and Cincinnati. Their 0-2 start is largely due to missed opportunities and ill-timed mistakes against talented opponents.

Senior offensive lineman Sam McCollum believes he and his teammates will be able to bounce back and correct those crucial mishaps.

“I think there’s some stuff we have to clean up, obviously,” McCollum said. “Self-inflicted mistakes, those can definitely hurt us, but I think we’ll clean those up and we’ll just play our game.”

On the other hand, Minnesota is 2-0 after beating New Mexico State and Fresno State to begin the year. The Gophers, under second-year head coach P.J. Fleck, are viewed as up-and-comers in the Big Ten Conference.

Fleck is well-known at Miami, as he was the head coach of Mid-American-Conference-rival Western Michigan from 2013-2016.

“[Minnesota’s offense] is very similar to what they did when they were at Western Michigan, so there is some familiarity there, which is nice,” Martin said “I’m sure they’re saying the same thing from their end.”

Fortunately for the RedHawks, they don’t have to game plan for the Gophers’ most explosive offensive weapon.

Redshirt senior running back Rodney Smith was ruled out for the season after suffering a leg injury against Fresno State last weekend. Smith had run for over 2,000 yards and 19 touchdowns combined in the previous two seasons. He was off to a hot start in 2018 as well, picking up 153 rushing yards in a Week One victory...

http://miamistudent.net/the-tale-of-twos-miami-travels-to-minnesota/

Probably the best receiver corps in Gopher history. Get them the damn ball.

Not ready to say that yet, but certainly has potential to be that.

ZA5: the first Gopher QB in a long time that I feel opponents really have to worry about. Nice anticipation and accurate throws.

Probably the best receiver corps in Gopher history. Get them the damn ball.

The 2006 Gophers had 5 future NFL players among their WR/TE group - Spaeth, Decker, Wheelwright, Payne, and Sherels. I don't see 5 future NFLers among the WR/TE currently on the roster, so - I doubt it.

The 2006 Gophers had 5 future NFL players among their WR/TE group - Spaeth, Decker, Wheelwright, Payne, and Sherels. I don't see 5 future NFLers among the WR/TE currently on the roster, so - I doubt it.
Sherels was not really a WR. How many career receptions did he have?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Sherels was not really a WR. How many career receptions did he have?

3 receptions is what I could find.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

3 receptions is what I could find.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
Wheelwright and Payne made NFL rosters but never really played much. Spaeth and Decker had good NFL careers. Sherels was really a DB in college and is known as a returner in the league.

Top Bottom