Home Games?

3pimples

Reaction score
Need help settling a bet. Do the Gophers stay in a hotel the night before home games?

Pretty common practice in most FBS programs. Easier to keep the guys out of trouble.

Makes sense to me that they would. If the money is not an issue, then it keeps everything consistent week to week. Show up at the locker room, get on a bus, drive half hour or an hour out of town, pile into 50 rooms somewhere like Northfield, with some conference rooms for pre-game meals and meetings.

They stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis West near the Ridgedale shopping mall. They arrive early afternoon the day before the game and hold team meetings in the banquet rooms, have food catered in and so forth. If you happen to stay there that night - or Saturday night - there's nothing secret about them being there. There are RTB signs, 78% signs and everyone is walking around in their team issued marooon & gold gear.

I know one of the players made a comment about going to the hotel before the game this year, but I can't remember who or in what context so I have no good way to look it up.

They stay in the Motel 6 in Richfield, right by the airport and have the team dinner at The Frenchman off of 66th street.

They stay in the Motel 6 in Richfield, right by the airport and have the team dinner at The Frenchman off of 66th street.

That’s probably the decoy team, in case any wise guys are up to no good and want to disrupt the Gophers pregame.

They don't stay there the night after the game, right? I always see players hanging out with family at local campus restaurants after the games.
They stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis West near the Ridgedale shopping mall. They arrive early afternoon the day before the game and hold team meetings in the banquet rooms, have food catered in and so forth. If you happen to stay there that night - or Saturday night - there's nothing secret about them being there. There are RTB signs, 78% signs and everyone is walking around in their team issued marooon & gold gear.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom