STrib: 'Yep, let's go': Gophers' Ko Kieft answered when his number was called

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Between Antoine Winfield Jr.’s game-sealing interception and the key third-down hookup from a scrambling Zack Annexstad to a skywalking Tyler Johnson, the Gophers thrived on big plays during the fourth quarter of their 21-14 comeback victory over Fresno State on Saturday night.

One more stood out: Seth Green’s two-point conversion pass out of the Wildcat formation to tight end Ko Kieft after the Gophers took a 19-14 lead with 3 minutes, 28 seconds left in the fourth quarter.

Kieft figured the play might be called.

“I was kind of waiting for it. We were setting it up, so I knew it was coming,” the third-year sophomore from Sioux Center, Iowa, said. “One time it was called, and we checked out of it. The two-point situation came, and it was called on the sideline. I was like, ‘Yep, let’s go. Focus in.’ We were ready for it.”

Kieft, who caught two passes last season, wasn’t sure how he’d react when his number was called. Junior tight end Colton Beebe, who lined up just behind Kieft on the play, was a calming influence.

“To be honest, I thought I’d be all nervous when they called it in the game, but I was levelheaded,” he said. “Colton Beebe was with me, and he does a really nice job leading me and keeping my head level and helping me execute.”

http://m.startribune.com/yep-let-s-...nswered-when-his-number-was-called/493086091/

Go Gophers!!

"Yep, let's go" is one of those new words by the team. Before it was, here we go again, we're going to lose etc.

"Yep, let's go" is one of those new words by the team. Before it was, here we go again, we're going to lose etc.

Yeah, I remember the Brewster days, too.

per Randy:

Between Antoine Winfield Jr.’s game-sealing interception and the key third-down hookup from a scrambling Zack Annexstad to a skywalking Tyler Johnson, the Gophers thrived on big plays during the fourth quarter of their 21-14 comeback victory over Fresno State on Saturday night.

One more stood out: Seth Green’s two-point conversion pass out of the Wildcat formation to tight end Ko Kieft after the Gophers took a 19-14 lead with 3 minutes, 28 seconds left in the fourth quarter.

Kieft figured the play might be called.

“I was kind of waiting for it. We were setting it up, so I knew it was coming,” the third-year sophomore from Sioux Center, Iowa, said. “One time it was called, and we checked out of it. The two-point situation came, and it was called on the sideline. I was like, ‘Yep, let’s go. Focus in.’ We were ready for it.”

Kieft, who caught two passes last season, wasn’t sure how he’d react when his number was called. Junior tight end Colton Beebe, who lined up just behind Kieft on the play, was a calming influence.

“To be honest, I thought I’d be all nervous when they called it in the game, but I was levelheaded,” he said. “Colton Beebe was with me, and he does a really nice job leading me and keeping my head level and helping me execute.”

http://m.startribune.com/yep-let-s-...nswered-when-his-number-was-called/493086091/

Go Gophers!!

Really liked the part about one TE leading and helping another. This is how a young team can do amazing things.

It is entertaining to watch the Gophers with all those cliff hanger plays. I swear Annexstad makes me nervous when he scrambles because he is just inches away before being tackled when he release the ball. Whew!

On a more general note, I'm hoping that they call the wildcat 15+ times a game, and that they throw the ball out of it more and more! (regardless of target)

Top Bottom