Fleck on Andries: I didnt even know what an actuary even was, and he wants to be that

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

The Gophers, 2-0 going into Saturday’s home game against Miami of Ohio, have a number of intriguing freshmen and sophomores. Because Blaise Andries plays in the interior offensive line, he is more difficult to observe than many of the other young players but the redshirt freshman guard from Marshall, Minnesoa has caught Fleck’s attention. The coach refers to the 6-5, 315 pound Andries as someone who is “going to be a really great player.”

Part of Andries’ skillset is his intelligence. Fleck said, “He’s going to be an actuary, right. Remember, I didn’t even know what an actuary even was, and he wants to be that.”

Fleck believes Andries could eventually be moved to tackle. That switch would partially be determined by where he is needed as Minnesota also has promising young offensive linemen like true freshman Curtis Dunlap Jr. and Daniel Faalale.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Actuary - a person who compiles and analyzes statistics and uses them to calculate insurance risks and premiums.

btw I looked it up. Had no idea either.

Actuaries are also known as the people that weren't exciting enough to become accountants. ;) I work in their world.

An extroverted actuary is the one who stares at the other person's shoes when speaking.

An actuary is the type of person that brings a bomb on the plane, because that decreases the odds of there being another bomb on the plane.

Two actuaries are hunting when they see a deer. They shoot at the same time, and one misses 3 feet to the left, the other misses 3 feet to the right. They high-five each other and say "We got him"!

An actuary can tell you how many people will die next year. A Sicilian actuary can tell you their names.

Yeah...I've worked with a few actuaries over the years.

Actuary - a person who compiles and analyzes statistics and uses them to calculate insurance risks and premiums.

btw I looked it up. Had no idea either.

They generally make very good money too.

My neighbor's kid played football for Cretin, graduated from the the U last year, and is now employed as an actuary. He is already making a lot of money and is engaged to a drop dead gorgeous girl. Who knew going into the actuary business was the way to go?

My neighbor's kid played football for Cretin, graduated from the the U last year, and is now employed as an actuary. He is already making a lot of money and is engaged to a drop dead gorgeous girl. Who knew going into the actuary business was the way to go?

Pics or we don't believe you.

I don't know if actuaries have successful marriages, but they've probably assessed the risk.

Great actuary jokes unregistereduser!

I studied Actuarial Science at the U. Great stuff

I got my degree in math, planning on becoming a high school teacher, but for the time being that’s not happening. I’m good at math but not at managing large groups of children, maybe I should give becoming an actuary another look.

I got my degree in math, planning on becoming a high school teacher, but for the time being that’s not happening. I’m good at math but not at managing large groups of children, maybe I should give becoming an actuary another look.

Data science/machine learning. Building algorithms is the new engineering. You have the smarts, get good behind a keyboard and you’ll be rolling in it. Download Python, etc for free and start playing.

Top Bottom