Week 3 Other Games Thread

Stan

Reaction score
A couple of games have already been postponed/canceled due to the big storm.

Boston College at Wake Forest
Oklahoma at Iowa State
Florida State at Syracuse
Rutgers at Kansas
Vanderbilt at Notre Dame
BYU at wisconsin
LSU at Auburn
Boise State at Oklahoma State
SMU at Michigan
South Florida at Illinois
Alabama at Ole Miss
Missouri at Purdue
Ohio State at TCU
USC at Texas
Washington at Utah
Arizona State at San Diego State
Fresno State at UCLA
etc

OSU/TCU, LSU/Auburn and Boise/Okie State definitely headliners for me. Very curious to see if Boise can pull off the win in Stillwater. They have some tough conference games ahead but if they win Saturday they have a chance to be favored the rest of the way. An undefeated and likely highly-ranked Boise State might - might - be able to crash the playoff if things go haywire in the P5 conferences.

Let's not forget the big match up of the week

Hawai'i @ Army

Purdue could easily drop to 0-3.

Big Ten (from ESPN schedule, so whatever ranking they're using):

Kent State - #11 Penn State 11:00 AM FS1 Beaver Stadium, University Park, PA
Rutgers - Kansas 11:00 AM Memorial Stadium , Lawrence, KS
Ball State - Indiana 11:00 AM BTN Memorial Stadium , Bloomington, IN
Temple - Maryland 11:00 AM BTN Maryland Stadium, College Park, MD
Troy - Nebraska 11:00 AM BTN Memorial Stadium , Lincoln, NE
BYU - #6 Wisconsin 2:30 PM ABC Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI
SMU - #19 Michigan 2:30 PM BTN Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MI
Miami (OH) - Minnesota 2:30 PM BTN TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
South Florida - Illinois 2:30 PM BTN Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
Missouri - Purdue 6:30 PM BTN Ross-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, IN
Northern Iowa - Iowa 6:30 PM BTN Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, IA
Akron - Northwestern 6:30 PM BTN Ryan Field, Evanston, IL
#4 Ohio State - #15 TCU 7:00 PM ABC AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX

OSU TCU is the big national spotlight game. Really hoping OSU comes out and makes the Big Ten look good.

Interested to see how Kent will do against Penn St, given what App St did in week 1.

Rutgers Kansas is so bad, that there is no TV period. If it was played at Rutgers, at least it would be on BTN.

Illinois, Purdue, and NW also have a lot to prove with their matchups. Iowa I don't expect to lose, but UNI is a I-AA program and their kids love to play against Big Ten and show they should've been at that level, etc. Indiana, the score of Notre Dame Ball St makes me wonder if Ball St will be a tough one for the Hoosiers? Nebraska should take care of business even with backup QB, same for Maryland against 0-2 Temple. Michigan also no problem. And looks like Sparty taking the weekend off to hit the reset button!

I'll be rooting for Fresno over UCLA to make our win look even better. Probably more impactful to our post season placement than a larger score differential in the Miami (Ohio) game.

I'll be rooting for Fresno over UCLA to make our win look even better. Probably more impactful to our post season placement than a larger score differential in the Miami (Ohio) game.

I saw a bit of UCLA last weekend...unimpressed. I think Fresno has an excellent shot.

I saw a bit of UCLA last weekend...unimpressed. I think Fresno has an excellent shot.

So do the bookies. It's basically become a pick-um game.

Go Bulldogs.

I'll kind of be disappointed if Fresno doesn't win over UCLA.

UCLA is not good.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

So many good games this weekend. Saturdays > Sundays for the football watching

I’m a big DVR guy myself, I’m watching Gophs or Viks on TV. Often can cut. 3.5hr game down to underneath 2hrs if you’re handy with the fast forward. Tough to justify spending 6-7 hrs in front of the TV on busy weekends, otherwise, if not going/tailgating.

Game going on right now moved up because of hurricane:

FCS Campbell Fighting Camels with an early 7-0 lead over FBS Costal Carolina.

I’m a big DVR guy myself, I’m watching Gophs or Viks on TV. Often can cut. 3.5hr game down to underneath 2hrs if you’re handy with the fast forward. Tough to justify spending 6-7 hrs in front of the TV on busy weekends, otherwise, if not going/tailgating.

A full game can be watched in about 22 minutes if you FF between plays and skip a little of your team on defense.

End of the 1st quarter. Campbell Fighting Camels 14 Coastal Carolina 7.

Coastal Carolina is a member of the Sun Belt. Oops.

Boston College at Wake Forest: curious to see what WF DC Jay Sawvel is up to; benchmark for Purdue vs BC 9/22
Oklahoma at Iowa State: year three for regional recruiting rival Campbell; Sooners were a big upset win last year;
Rutgers at Kansas
Vanderbilt at Notre Dame
BYU at wisconsin
LSU at Auburn
Boise State at Oklahoma State: how good are Mountain West teams?
SMU at Michigan
South Florida at Illinois: need to see Lovie drop from the ranks of the unbeaten
Alabama at Ole Miss
Missouri at Purdue: would love to see Brohm go 0-3
Ohio State at TCU: this should be good game
USC at Texas
Washington at Utah
Fresno State at UCLA: how good is Fresno?
etc[/QUOTE]

I'll be tailgating so won't see a ton of these games but usually can settle in for Pac-12 after dark

Game going on right now moved up because of hurricane:

FCS Campbell Fighting Camels with an early 7-0 lead over FBS Costal Carolina.

Clemson vs GA Southern was just moved up to Noon EST as well. I’ll be in attendance and luckily have covered seats.

Boston College at Wake Forest: curious to see what WF DC Jay Sawvel is up to; benchmark for Purdue vs BC 9/22
Oklahoma at Iowa State: year three for regional recruiting rival Campbell; Sooners were a big upset win last year;
Rutgers at Kansas
Vanderbilt at Notre Dame
BYU at wisconsin
LSU at Auburn
Boise State at Oklahoma State: how good are Mountain West teams?
SMU at Michigan
South Florida at Illinois: need to see Lovie drop from the ranks of the unbeaten
Alabama at Ole Miss
Missouri at Purdue: would love to see Brohm go 0-3
Ohio State at TCU: this should be good game
USC at Texas
Washington at Utah
Fresno State at UCLA: how good is Fresno?
etc
[/QUOTE]

Mizzou seems to have picked up where they left off in 2017 so I think Purdue will be 0-3. Predict Mizzou wins by two TDs or more.

I was surprised to see Oklahoma was a 30 point favorite over UCLA last weekend. Comparatively, I think Ohio State was favored by 35 over Rutgers. Was not aware that UCLA was that bad, so I'd agree Fresno could very well be the better team.

Top Bottom