Week 3 Other Games Thread

North Texas up on Arkansas 34-10....

Ouch. Kid my son played football with in Blaine is the defensive captain for North Texas...

Well, he did his job today. I was at the game and it was horrible to watch.
I do believe we have won our one and only game this year.

Congrats to you guys on staring 3-0.

Please let us beat Maryland next week, please let us beat Maryland next week

I hope PJ bookmarks that OSU play from the like 14:00 in the 4th quarter and shows it to Zack and Johnson as a 'how to not kill your receiver on a play action pass' example.

Well, he did his job today. I was at the game and it was horrible to watch.
I do believe we have won our one and only game this year.

Congrats to you guys on staring 3-0.

Sorry Delta...

Missouri kicks a last second field goal to drop Purdue to 0-3. Craziness...

This OSU-TCU game is wildly entertaining. One of the best college football games I’ve seen in years.

Sorry Delta...

It's all good. Knew this going into this year, but didn't think it would be this bad.
Fat A$$ really ran this program into the ground and we have nothing.
(Well, except for an empty student section in the second half as well as the entire crown booing the coach when he didn't change QB's)

boy the Pac 12 sucks. Big Ten isn't good, but Pac 12 is flat out awful.

What was going on at the end of the Akron-Northwestern game? It looks like they left Northwestern one last shot with great field position. Congratulations to Akron for pulling out the win. Nebraska may be fortunate their game against Akron was cancelled.

Stewart Mandel@slmandel:

Capping off a day full of embarrassing Big Ten losses, Northwestern loses at home to Akron in a game it led 21-3.

Yeesh.

Big Ten has looked really bad. Thankful to be 3-0! I don’t care about competition when you see fellow conference teams losing to Troy, Eastern Michigan, Akron, etc

What was going on at the end of the Akron-Northwestern game? It looks like they left Northwestern one last shot with great field position. Congratulations to Akron for pulling out the win. Nebraska may be fortunate their game against Akron was cancelled.

Akron had enough time to run the clock down to about seven seconds on third down. They decided to snap the ball and try to run out the clock by airmailing the ball down the field. The ball fell incomplete with two seconds left on the clock. I guess they didn't want to take the chance of a punt return. They could have punted the ball out of bounds though........

South Dakota St beat Arkansas-Pine Bluff 90-6 tonight. Sorry Delta ;)

Can we now agree MD is not good? Tired of the "talent" argument.

I mean, forgetting talent, they did beat Texas at Texas (yes, I know).
I *think* the Gophers will will this game, heck, I even *think* they'll be favored, but we all know why I'm nervous so there's no point in addressing it.
I *hope* the Gophers are in for a very special year, especially with the conference-wide struggle, but I *know* what history has to say about that.

Last edited:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

So I'm at my hotel, had some fun after the game. Looking back at the scores now.

So, interesting day in the Big Ten, huh.

I was keeping track of the BYU vs Wisconsin score and was so happy when the final score was announced. Then they showed the kick on the jumbotron. Always great seeing the Badgers lose.
Of course Penn State looks about as good as it's supposed to. Michigan also appears to be finding its groove.
WTF happened with Rutgers? Honestly, more and more it looks like a mistake to have them in the B1G.
Indiana sees to be finding some success. Curious how they'll do in conference.
What the hell happened to Maryland? Question of really that good vs really that bad I guess.
Rough start to the Frost era. I still figure he can have some success, but there's work to do.
I was seeing the Illinois score on the stadium all game long, thought they had a chance to hang on, but couldn't in the end.
Purdue now at 0-3,so much for that Brohm hype.
What the hell happened to Northwestern? I know they can be up and down but I'm surprised by this non conference.

In other news, I'm hoping Fresno State wins, they're leading right now. Always good to have those noncon opponents show up and boost the value of our win.
Saw the very end of LSU vs Auburn, looked like an exciting game.
Also, Texas is not back, but USC also appears to be not back.

Fresno State breaking off long runs on UCLA. Up 31 to 14 late in the 3rd.

Also, Texas is not back, but USC also appears to be not back.

Well....it's always nice of the clueless voters to prop up these teams based upon name recognition alone. The Texas win will likely jump them back into the top 25 for beating another overrated team. Meanwhile.....even if we beat the team on their turf.....that beat Texas on THEIR turf....we probably still won't be ranked. What a lousy system.

Fresno State now thumping UCLA 38-14 in the Rose Bowl. Earth 4th quarter.

Says a lot about the MN defense.

Well....it's always nice of the clueless voters to prop up these teams based upon name recognition alone. The Texas win will likely jump them back into the top 25 for beating another overrated team. Meanwhile.....even if we beat the team on their turf.....that beat Texas on THEIR turf....we probably still won't be ranked. What a lousy system.

Means we get to fly under the radar while all of our players develop. This isn't a bad thing.
Also Fresno is up 38-14 on UCLA at the Rose Bowl. I know UCLA is really bad but good lord.

Means we get to fly under the radar while all of our players develop. This isn't a bad thing.
Also Fresno is up 38-14 on UCLA at the Rose Bowl. I know UCLA is really bad but good lord.

What exactly does "fly under the radar" mean? Get no national exposure? Have our games tucked away on the alternate channels? How is that a good thing? It's not like once we get ranked, Alabama is going to come knocking at our door to challenge us for our title belt.

Johnson and Allison are both really good players for Fresno State.
SDSU running the ball down ASU’s throat.

What exactly does "fly under the radar" mean? Get no national exposure? Have our games tucked away on the alternate channels? How is that a good thing? It's not like once we get ranked, Alabama is going to come knocking at our door to challenge us for our title belt.

If we beat Iowa and go into Ohio State 5-0 with a walk-on true freshman then the ESPN hell that will rain down on our program will ****ing ridiculous.
Every girl that he has ever kissed will get interview requests.
I would rather have Minnesota worried about getting better week-to-week.

Want national exposure? Win the next two games.
Want near-constant airtime? Win the next three.

Last edited:

If we beat Iowa and go into Ohio State 5-0 with a walk-on true freshman then the ESPN hell that will rain down on our program will ****ing ridiculous.
Every girl that he has ever kissed will get interview requests.
I would rather have Minnesota worried about getting better week-to-week.

Want national exposure? Win the next two games.
Want near-constant airtime? Win the next three.

You seem to think national exposure and getting better are mutually exclusive. Not the case. You can get better WHILE receiving national attention. And exposure boosts recruiting.....which can also improve the team.

Top Bottom