Tony Dungy: This Saturday I’ll be attending my first Gopher game in quite some time.

Good luck holding any millennial's attention that long. And I'm saying this as a die hard Gopher fan and, unfortunately, a millennial. My wife and I stay to the end of games. But college football games are long and they're suffering the same fate as the MLB with my generation. My generation doesn't have the patience to be at a sporting event that long, especially if the product on the field isn't delivering in big moments. Students at the U right now would much rather be back at the frat/dorm/apt. throwing down shots and silver bullets.

Aren't most current college students part of Gen-Z?

It would be nice if Dungy took something of an ambassador role for the football program. Would create some nice exposure for the program and he also preaches a good message like PJ does. Would be cool if he spoke with the team.

Dungy said he will be speaking to the team about building something special. Tonight or tomorrow I assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for bringing forward.

This is a good thing...

This is a big plus to have Tony more visible for this program especially on the defensive side. For all of PJ's quirks and antics, he brings some outside the box thinking and doesn't miss an opportunity.

If there's one thing I associate with Tony Dungy, it's Golden Gophers wrestling.

Dungy has been a long time friend of the Wrestling Program, dating back to his time at MN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same day as the Northwestern game, maybe he'll attend another home game this year?

Top Bottom