Week 2 Bowl Projections

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Bowl games worth their weight in salt doesn’t include playing outside in New York or playing in Detroit. True bowl games are played in warmer climates.

A sneaky finish in the 5 slot and a Taxslayer Gator Bowl appearance would be possible if we finish 2nd in the west. That'd be an awesome launch pad into next year!

OSU and Badgers fight over Rose and the CFB playoff, Penn State Citrus Bowl, Michigan Outback.

I think we would be fighting it out with Iowa and Michigan State for that 5th spot.

Bowl games worth their weight in salt doesn’t include playing outside in New York or playing in Detroit. True bowl games are played in warmer climates.

Agreed, but Pinstripe bowl I could possibly attend as my wife would be interested in NYC

NYC would be fun. Broadway, the tree at Rockefeller Center, museums, etc.

Detroit is an awful location for a bowl game. It's there because it's backed by the Lions ownership and they obviously want a game in their stadium, and it used to be the Big Ten vs the MAC, for which Detroit makes a lot of sense. Now with Big Ten vs ACC, it makes zero sense. Hope the Big Ten can muster enough courage to tell Lions ownership NO, in the future.

NYC is an awesome location for a bowl game. Can't disagree with you more, on that one. Yankee Stadium is a bucket list location for many fans. It's cold, but not frigid. And it's a world city, so even though it's not warm, it's a 24/7 destination with lots to do and see, especially for those going the first time. My opinion!

Wished that Chicago-Wrigley would've been the same situation, but Cubs owners got too big for their britches and wanted too high of placement in the pecking order.

California/Southwest and Florida will always be the top destinations for Big Ten teams in bowl season. Need to get out of the Dallas, Nashville, and San Fran bowls, in addition to Detroit bowl. LA (new stadium), Las Vegas (new stadium), San Diego (once they build new stadium), and Florida bowls. Plus NYC Pinstripe, and eventually convince Chicago-Wrigley to accept lower team.

Last edited:

I’m rooting for Nashville or NYC! Easiest travel for me if we aren’t in a top bowl game.

Top Bottom