Flecks biggest win so far as gophers coach

What is Flecks biggest win so far?

• Total voters
I went Fresno, but really tough question. I felt like Fresno will mean more to this year than Nebraska meant to last year. I told my buddy when we left the game that I felt like the Gophers needed that game - a close game they had to struggle to win against a good team - to get themselves ready for B1G play. If they win one upset game I think it'll be fair to look at the Fresno game and say that helped give the team the confidence to pull it off.

If the season doesn't go well, then the answer is probably Nebraska or none of the above. The win against Nebraska was awesome, but when you follow that up by getting spanked twice, it obviously didn't do much for the team.

I agree.

A big part of a young team like this is the confidence to believe they can beat tough teams. Winning helps train that confidence that we were in tough spots before and we've won.

Whether this carries through to beat an Iowa, Wisconsin, etc., this year is yet to be determined.

I was in Corvallis last year for the win over OSU. It turned out to be a cold, rainy evening against a pumped up OSU team. Not a "name" opponent but considering the circumstances a big win. I'd say no to Nebraska simply because they quit on their coach. Fresno was expected to be close and it was.

This question will be a lot more interesting after the season...

Yea, they don’t play football in Texas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you’re just being a pedant (and there’s nothing wrong with that - you be you) and perhaps a better descriptor would have been lack of awareness, dismissive attitudes toward teams west of the continental divide. My mistake.

I know you’re just being a pedant (and there’s nothing wrong with that - you be you) and perhaps a better descriptor would have been lack of awareness, dismissive attitudes toward teams west of the continental divide. My mistake.

Just say west of I-35. That honestly pretty much does the trick!

I went with Fresno simply because its his second year here and it shows that we are making progress going forward. However Nebraska may come off as a sexier win with them being a big name and a Big Ten foe though, although I still think Fresno was his biggest win.

Top Bottom