Florida State coach Willie Taggart embraces new turnover backpack

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Orlando Sentinel:

Florida State proudly unveiled the “Turnover Backpack” during Saturday’s win over Samford game.

The backpack is awarded to any defensive player who forces a turnover.

Rival Miami made the “Turnover Chain” a national sensation last year and the Seminoles took some jabs on Twitter for copying the trend, but FSU coach Willie Taggart said defensive players cam up with the idea of “securing the bag” and he’s all for it.

“They wanted to do something for turnovers and they decided they wanted to secure the bag and that was their message — securing the bag,” Taggart said Monday. “They secured it five times on Saturday. I’m very impressed with it.”

As Taggart noted, the Seminoles forced five turnovers – four interceptions and one fumble recovery – against the Bulldogs. With turnover surge, the backpack earned a lot of television time.

It was was trending on social media and someone created a Twitter account for the “Turnover Backpack.”

750x422

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...block/os-sp-fsu-football-news-0911-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Lame. Should have just made it a man-purse.

Some fun Dora the Explorer memes going around.

The Turnover Backpack feels really...forced. I can't imagine #19 feels real manly walking around the sideline with a backpack.

The Turnover Backpack feels really...forced. I can't imagine #19 feels real manly walking around the sideline with a backpack.

My favorite so far is "Give Florida State the death penalty for this".

He embraced it when he realized it was stuffed full of $20 bills.

For the love of all that is good and holy, please don't let us adopt anything like that. There are far too many copycats already.

I thought they were doing this to poke fun at Miami. I guess they are not, which makes it extremely stupid.

In honor of the Minnesota Honey Crisp, I say we give out the Apple Turnover to all fans if the Gophers defense gets 5 turnovers in one game.
a934dbeb20aa2a410421f19232b98195.jpg

If its all about securing the "bag", why use a backpack and not an actual bag? A giant bag with a giant dollar sign on it...that would be cool. But, it would probably be too close to reality.

Maybe they have snack packs and go gurt in there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate gimmicks. Fleck loves them ... they're his bread and butter.

Players seem to love them too. As with most everything about Fleck ... if it helps us win, then I'll live.

So there is a turnover throne:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is pretty awesome.

We should have TURNOVER GOPHERHOLE! on our sidelines.

A turnover throne is WAY better than a turnover backpack.

I figured Jameis prefilled the bag with crab legs.

Maybe we can do something like the Turnover Fanny Pack or Turnover Chopper Mitts

Top Bottom