Miami of Ohio forum - yikes

A few takeaways from the thread I read:
1. They really hate their coaching staff and expect to lose by a lot. I hope the latter part is true as I'd like a relaxing afternoon at TCF, basking in the sun, looking at 3-0, all while drinking beers in the seat awarded to me for buying some delicious, nutritious and cheap Red Baron pizza.
2. Even their diehard fans don't want to be at the game
3. Gopherhole is a much nicer forum than we deserve. The layout, etc. are excellent.

That felt like I was reading the Vikings forums when Ponder was QB.

Fleck was 2-0 against Miami (OH) in his Western Michigan days.

WMU-Miami(OH)

2014 (41-10)
2015 (35-13)

Last edited:

Gotta be very discouraging being a RedHawks fan. Starting with the 2006 season they've finished above .500 once, and that was back in 2010.

Seems like a fanbase that has had it rough. Outside of a pretty good season in 2010, they haven't had consistent success since the Terry Hoeppner era.

All the "Fire Chuck Martin" talk on that board - I decided to check the guy out. He went 74-7 and won two D2 national championships at Grand Valley State. He's in his fifth season at Miami-Ohio, where two years ago he went 6-7 (6-2), winning the MAC eastern division title but losing their bowl game. Last year they regressed to 5-7 and this season they've started 0-2.

This isn't the typical track record of a guy who gets hung in effigy. I thought I'd see 0-12 seasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Martin_(American_football)#Head_coaching_record

Top Bottom