The final score of a high school football game in Council Bluffs was 99-81.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Omaha World Herald:

Many extraordinary things happened at Council Bluffs’ Wickersham Stadium on Friday.

The Yellow Jackets scored on 14 of their 18 possessions (essentially 17, because their last one came with 41 seconds left, when they ran out the clock). They scored touchdowns on all eight of their first-half drives.

T.J. set an all-class record with 748 rushing yards. Cameron Baker carried 35 times for 357 yards and eight TDs. Jermaine Green added 208 yards on 13 attempts and two scores. And Cameron Lukavsky rushed 16 times for 178 yards and three touchdowns.

North scored touchdowns on 12 of its 17 possessions (essentially 16, because it received the ball with 6 seconds left in the first half). In the second half, the Stars scored touchdowns on all nine of their possessions. They scored 60 points in the second half — and still lost by three scores.

North’s receivers were not tackled in the second half. In his second career start, Matt Hagan completed 8 of 11 passes for 266 yards in the second half, with all eight going for touchdowns. His nine total TD passes tied Iowa’s 97-year-old record for 11-man football.

“It was just kind of a perfect storm, where both offenses were hot and there was never a situation where either team was willing to take their offense off the field,” Anderson said. “I think both of our offenses are fairly hard to stop.”

Predictably, many on social media pounced. Words and phrases like “embarrassing,” “disgusting” and “nothing to be proud of” weren’t difficult to find.

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/fo...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Go Gophers!!

Not really related to the score:

Predictably, many on social media pounced. Words and phrases like “embarrassing,” “disgusting” and “nothing to be proud of” weren’t difficult to find.

That seems kinda harsh / sad for a high school game.

I know two high school coaches who quit because parents / fan behavior. One guy I know who coaches middle school sports keeps at it but it is a constant barrage of bad behavior.... one year he actually made an agreement with other teams after poor parent behavior among parents on multiple teams. They banned ALL spectators from a few games to make a point. Just to tell you how bad it is, the kids asked that they do that all the time because they said they had more fun...

per the Omaha World Herald:

Many extraordinary things happened at Council Bluffs’ Wickersham Stadium on Friday.

The Yellow Jackets scored on 14 of their 18 possessions (essentially 17, because their last one came with 41 seconds left, when they ran out the clock). They scored touchdowns on all eight of their first-half drives.

T.J. set an all-class record with 748 rushing yards. Cameron Baker carried 35 times for 357 yards and eight TDs. Jermaine Green added 208 yards on 13 attempts and two scores. And Cameron Lukavsky rushed 16 times for 178 yards and three touchdowns.

North scored touchdowns on 12 of its 17 possessions (essentially 16, because it received the ball with 6 seconds left in the first half). In the second half, the Stars scored touchdowns on all nine of their possessions. They scored 60 points in the second half — and still lost by three scores.

North’s receivers were not tackled in the second half. In his second career start, Matt Hagan completed 8 of 11 passes for 266 yards in the second half, with all eight going for touchdowns. His nine total TD passes tied Iowa’s 97-year-old record for 11-man football.

“It was just kind of a perfect storm, where both offenses were hot and there was never a situation where either team was willing to take their offense off the field,” Anderson said. “I think both of our offenses are fairly hard to stop.”

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/fo...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Go Gophers!!
I wonder if the non-tackling was done intentionally? It seems incredible that 100% of the passes result in a TD. Were both teams letting the other score just to run up TDs and offensive yards? On a lot of High School teams kids play on both sides of the ball - the same person playing Wide Receiver is a DB on defense. I'm wondering if there was a bit of "yep, I'll let him score so I get back on offense and I can score" mentality happening?

Top Bottom