Don’t Look Now, But Minnesota’s Schedule Could Push Team Back To NCAAs

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Beindit:

After a tumultuous 2017-’18 season, the Minnesota Golden Gophers are looking to bounce back in Richard Pitino’s sixth year at the helm. While a lot of bad luck led to last year’s underwhelming 15-17 performance, fans are growing weary with the mixed results that the team has shown under Pitino’s leadership.

However, there are some major reasons for optimism this season.

To start, a massive hunk of last year’s contributors return. Isaiah Washington is back after an exciting freshman season, Amir Coffey should return from injury, and both Dupree McBrayer and Jordan Murphy return after solid years. Add in some newcomers like transfer big man Matz Stockman and there’s some real talent to work with this season.

But the question, of course, will be whether it’s enough for the Gophers to get back to national relevance and the NCAA Tournament.

So, will Minnesota make it back?

Well, it’s tough to predict with certainty how players like Washington will improve or how Coffey will return from injury. And whether Stockman can put him big numbers in his first season with Minnesota is a question mark as well. The simple truth is that Minnesota is one of those teams that could swing in a number of different directions.

However, one thing we do know now is how Minnesota’s schedule will look for the upcoming season. We can use this to gain some insight into how the Gophers will perform in the coming months.

https://www.btpowerhouse.com/2018/9...hedule-to-rebound-to-the-ncaa-tournament-seed

Go Gophers!!

I would argue that Gophers will be favored vs. Texas A&M. Aggies lost a ton from last year's Sweet 16 team. Will be interesting to see what the line is when it rolls around.

If this guy is talking up Matz as a key contributor, he hasn't followed the team much.

If this guy is talking up Matz as a key contributor, he hasn't followed the team much.

Yep. No mention of Oturo or Curry as well as Gabe and Omearsa. The choice of Stockman is curious.

Just looking at the headline, and I trust SS's eval of our schedule more than I trust these guys...

Top Bottom