GOLDEN Gophers

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Announcers universally still call us Golden Gophers, yet home uniform so far all maroon; road uniform all white - no gold. More teams seem to be going to all whites on the road, obliterating any ID. They all look alike.

There is gold trim on those numbers.

Sorry, and I’m probably in the minority, but I think our uniforms suck. The Kill era uniforms were great. I haven’t liked anything about the first two weeks.

Having said all of that, I couldn’t care less what they wear so long as they win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

This forum needs more threads about the gopher uniforms

Sorry, and I’m probably in the minority, but I think our uniforms suck. The Kill era uniforms were great. I haven’t liked anything about the first two weeks.

Having said all of that, I couldn’t care less what they wear so long as they win.

The all-white and all-maroon looked great, to me. Other than when something was just in yellow on white, that is brainless. Just get rid of the damn oar down the middle of the helmet, oh well.

If those were our two, I’d be fine. Also could mix the colors of helmet/shirts/pants, white maroon white and maroon white maroon.

I believe the best uniform combinations are yet to come...

Yea I'm totally out on the new unis too. Oars on the helmet are a joke, white collars are horrible, lack of gold sucks etc.

I let things like bacon affect my blood pressure. I really don't care anymore what they wear. Just win.

+1

I agree. I don't like diarrhea yellow lettering on white. That stands out like p##py pants!

I let things like bacon affect my blood pressure. I really don't care anymore what they wear. Just win.

Eating salt (or salty foods) does temporarily increase blood pressure.

Eating saturated fat and cholesterol doesn't affect cardiovascular heath. This is an old hypothesis, that used cooked data, and was rammed down Americans' throats for decades. It is finally being proven wrong.

Eating salt (or salty foods) does temporarily increase blood pressure.

Eating saturated fat and cholesterol doesn't affect cardiovascular heath. This is an old hypothesis, that used cooked data, and was rammed down Americans' throats for decades. It is finally being proven wrong.

Whatever you say Pops Gustafson.

RE: the uniforms. Bring back the Gold pants. The Maroon over Gold is my favorite Gopher uniform. You could also use the Gold pants with White tops on the road.

I just don't like the all-one-color look. Maybe if you're going Maroon over Maroon, then wear the Gold helmets as a contrast. Speaking of that, when do we get to see the new metallic Gold helmets. I've been curious to see what they look like in action.

I don't love the new unis but I've seen worse. My major complaints are:

1. It seemed like they had finally settled on a shade of maroon for the last few jerseys. I'm not a big fan of the new, darker maroon. Reminds me of the Wacker "what shade of maroon will we be this year" era EKG jerseys.

2. I hate the yellow names on the white jerseys. I wish they'd put maroon stitching around them because I think that outline would make them legible. Though at least they now give out free programs so it's a lot less of an issue.

3. I don't get choosing anthracite over gold. I am OK with using anthracite (not my first choice), but why not still have gold? If it was one or the other, seems like a no-brainer.

I like the new unis.

I wish they'd use gold unis more often.

Why did they not have gold tops this year!?!?!?!?

Oars on the the caps are stupid as hell.

Gave way too much Fleckdom.

We could be like the premier programs and keep everything the same. I don't think Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, have changed much. I don't mind the changes personally but I kno many think it should be a static thing.

I like the new unis.

I wish they'd use gold unis more often.

Why did they not have gold tops this year!?!?!?!?

Oars on the the caps are stupid as hell.

Gave way too much Fleckdom.

Fact: The team has never lost a game with Oars on the helmets.

As stated in previous threads, it was said in the Spring that the gold jerseys and pants from last season would still be in rotation. They are Fleck-era after all. No word on the helmets.

I agree with many here, the old uniforms were great, while the new ones are more of a costume with the constant combo changes and lack of identity. I'm all for alternates, but show some consistency. How many people tuned in to the first game, unaware of the jersey fiasco by NMSU, and thought they were in white and our new look was maroon and black?

The all white road look is generic. Maroon helmet with colored pants. I consider gold to be a light, not a dark, so I'd rather see them used on the road (I understand that may not be allowed). All gold vs white doesn't look good in games any more than gold lettering on white jerseys does. Needs more contrast. Maroon jersey at home, don't care which helmet - though maroon>maroon>gold seems to be our main identity. Identity is important, same reason why we quit using sport-themed Goldy logos and focus on the block M now. You want to change jersey colors around? Only mix it up for the home opener, Homecoming, and maybe the Big Ten Championship.

Also, pick the damn colors already! Are we maroon or cranberry? Old gold or yellow gold? Anthracite is a gimmick, same as black previously. Don't want to see it.

Get the oars off the helmets.

We could be like the premier programs and keep everything the same. I don't think Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, have changed much. I don't mind the changes personally but I kno many think it should be a static thing.

Yeah, but those programs are all premier. If the Gophers had been a consistent top 25 team the past 30 years, we wouldn't talk about jerseys, or attendance, or fundraising

I think the pants and jerseys being the same color is more popular these days and I am a fan of that.
Drives me crazy when baseball teams and to some extent football teams have different colored pants and jerseys (twins blue or red jerseys with white pants are ugly).

Bring me one game of full banana this year!

Top Bottom