New U President --

Rog

Reaction score
This will take a while before it happens but by this time next year we will have or at least know who the next Pres will be so, I have some comments to make about Pres. Kahler. He in my estimation has been the most sport minded Pres. that we have had in some time. Yes, many were not happy the way the sexual cases were handled which I do not have enough insight to make judgement but --

The new sports facility would never been approved with most previous Pres. The U still is still many million short in fund raising.
He has approved salaries for our major sports coaches that would probably never approved by previous Presidents. And I'm sure there are
many other things (subtle) that I don't know about.
sooo - Thank you for your support for the U's sport Programs President Kahlar.

We gotta keep the momentum going by hiring a president that understands the importance of our sports teams (especially the Big 3 - Football, basketball, hockey). Big League Universities support their athletic programs.

Yeah like some of his decisions or not, Kahler has been supportive of sports, more than those in the past.

Another president like that who is supportive would be nice, otherwise let him do the rest of the job that is ... not sports.

In this age, when athletics in the Big Ten is largely self-supporting and revenue is much, much higher than in decades past it may be foolish and counterproductive to not support the revenue sports. I don’t know that it’s some sort of sacrifice to allow a self-supporting entity to thrive and help support non-revs. Success in revenue sports breeds ticket sales revenue, some donations, and even applications if some of the correlations claimed are true.

This could all change down the road, particularly if the tv revenue model changes or players become employees. Hard choices will need to be made.

Any donation progress is critical as the U lags far behind many others.

To his credit Kaler was never afraid to wear maroon and gold gear in his capacity as President.

"Hats off to thee" President Kaler for that little bit of Gophers spirit.

You’d never be short of money again..:clap:

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

This will take a while before it happens but by this time next year we will have or at least know who the next Pres will be so, I have some comments to make about Pres. Kahler. He in my estimation has been the most sport minded Pres. that we have had in some time. Yes, many were not happy the way the sexual cases were handled which I do not have enough insight to make judgement but --

The new sports facility would never been approved with most previous Pres. The U still is still many million short in fund raising.
He has approved salaries for our major sports coaches that would probably never approved by previous Presidents. And I'm sure there are
many other things (subtle) that I don't know about.
sooo - Thank you for your support for the U's sport Programs President Kahlar.

We will know the next President's identity far sooner than a year from now. That person will be taking office in less than 9 months. They will be announced likely before the end of 2018, or in early 2019 at the latest.

Prez Kaler did a wonderful job minus the sex scandal.

We hope that the new Prez give the same visible top billing to Gopher Athletics that Prez Kaler has done.

Football and Basketball are real critical for revenue generation for the rest of Gopher Athletics.

The Gophers need to turn a new leaf and start winning titles. This in turn will bring in more fans and help with fundraising. I would venture to think that it will help endowments too.

We will know the next President's identity far sooner than a year from now. That person will be taking office in less than 9 months. They will be announced likely before the end of 2018, or in early 2019 at the latest.

I don't know. Doesn't the U need to hire a consulting firm to form three different committees who will choose the selectors to evaluate potential candidates. Could take years. I believe that is how these things work.

I don't know. Doesn't the U need to hire a consulting firm to form three different committees who will choose the selectors to evaluate potential candidates. Could take years. I believe that is how these things work.

Consulting firm who will eventually recommend someone like the IT guy who bought a bunch of stuff form himself.... I'm convinced there is no sure fire good way to do these things.

Who knows how long it will take.

If anyone is sincerely interested in following the progress in naming a new President, take a look at this site: https://president-search.umn.edu/. The search advisory committee has been named and is pending final BOR approval at their meeting on Friday.

Let’s hire Donna Shalala. We all can see what she did for Barry Alveraz at Becky. No Shalala, no Rose Bowl in ‘93. If she is to old, then use her as an example of how a University President can help the athletic department function at a high level.

Let’s hire Donna Shalala. We all can see what she did for Barry Alveraz at Becky. No Shalala, no Rose Bowl in ‘93. If she is to old, then use her as an example of how a University President can help the athletic department function at a high level.

She's 77, retired from U of Miami and is now running for congress.

Probably not the best choice now, but someone in her mold would be good for football. The rest of the University will just run itself, right? :)

I'm just thinking that might not be the best call.... idea, or post...

I agree for a couple reasons. 1) This thread will turn into a large pissing contest. 2) Yes Trump wants to win. However he gets ahead by cheating big time, not paying his bills etc. The U would end up on probation in no time at all and probably would get the Death Sentence like SMC did years ago. This isn't what we want.

Top Bottom