Fleck hauling butt down field!

Go4Family

Reaction score
Right before Winfield's interception Fleck hauled some serious ass down field to get the last time out. I dought there's any other coach who would've been able to move that fast to stop the game.

Right before Winfield's interception Fleck hauled some serious ass down field to get the last time out. I dought there's any other coach who would've been able to move that fast to stop the game.

I completely forgot about this.

This is why he runs out of the tunnel as fast as he does and why he makes it standard practice to sprint between quarters.

Chalk up 1 win due to Fleck and his running.

Fleck sprinting...

Is there video of this?

Is there video of this?

I'm sure there is on twitter somewhere They also showed it on the broadcast when I rewatched the game. It was funny in person because PJ ended up in the end zone. It was just a maroon blur down the sideline.

I saw that. It was when Fresno state was rushing up to the line to call a play. No way Tracy Claeys calls that timeout

He doesn't have much butt to haul....

Is there video of this?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/Rn8t5GrakF5qE" width="480" height="254" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/the-office-jim-halpert-Rn8t5GrakF5qE">via GIPHY</a></p>

Last edited:

Coach could also watch plays closer to the line of scrimmage...he does tend to watch about 20 yards away...this would shorten the haul butt distance needed to call a TO.

I hope he doesn't pull his hammy this year.

Not to worry. This is a guy who runs in the early morning hours before most people are awake, and who previously ran about a 7:30 marathon pace. He can handle running on the sidelines.

I agree...he was movin' down the sideline at a pretty brisk pace. Not sure there is another coach in big time football who could beat ours in a foot race...yeah!
I'm pretty sure it still won't be a factor in anyone's hiring decision anywhere...how fast does candidate B run? Not a discussion...but we could argue it helped us win a game!

Coach could also watch plays closer to the line of scrimmage...he does tend to watch about 20 yards away...this would shorten the haul butt distance needed to call a TO.

Aren't players and coaches required to stay between the 25's on the sideline near the field? This play was near the goal line.

Is there video of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XodkTVOd9VQ

go to about 2:14:30 and you can hear the whistle as they start the replay. As they go live, you can see the momentum carrying Fleck past the ref.

The announcers talk about how he is the fastest coach in D1, etc.

A wider angle shot is shown right about 2:15:30 so you can see him sprinting down the sideline, and then just keep watching to see Winfield, then rewind, watch again, then rewind, watch again, then rewind, watch again.

Aren't players and coaches required to stay between the 25's on the sideline near the field? This play was near the goal line.

Yup, that's the rule.

However it seems like coaches running to call a timeout are never flagged. Seems like a reasonable exception, refs need to be down there, lots of noise, somehow the coach has to get the TO in.

A couple takeaways from watching Fleck sprint:
1. It was really loud on that 4th and 3, considering how empty the stadium was at that point. I was there, didn't realize it was that loud at that moment.
2. Winfield's recovery amazes me every time.
3. Cashman got pressure on the passer, who isn't use to passing, and that was huge.
4. Fleck wearing all maroon is a good look.

1. It was really loud on that 4th and 3, considering how empty the stadium was at that point. I was there, didn't realize it was that loud at that moment.
3. Cashman got pressure on the passer, who isn't use to passing, and that was huge.

Here is the part where PJ Fleck called a timeout: https://youtu.be/XodkTVOd9VQ?t=8070

I wonder what it was that Fleck saw that had him call the TO? Maybe just the quick snap that Fresno was trying to do? When the TO was called, Fresno started running the initial play, it was a RUM. With the timeout they changed to the play where Winfield drove the dagger into them. Any ways, here's to Fleck's sub 3.0 time in the 30 yard TO dash.

He is the MVP of the sidelines.

I saw that. It was when Fresno state was rushing up to the line to call a play. No way Tracy Claeys calls that timeout

Your right, Sawvel would have though. No need to haul ass down the field, 100 plus years of football and calling timeouts in critical moments without the coach hauling ass anywhere.

Guy still put up a very catchable ball .... should've been caught for a TD, tbh.

But that Winfield though! Not in my house!!

Catchable but he likely changed the trajectory of the pass to get it over Ca$h, allowing Winfield the extra split second to make the play he did

I wonder what it was that Fleck saw that had him call the TO? Maybe just the quick snap that Fresno was trying to do? When the TO was called, Fresno started running the initial play, it was a RUM. With the timeout they changed to the play where Winfield drove the dagger into them. Any ways, here's to Fleck's sub 3.0 time in the 30 yard TO dash.

Fresno was doing a hurry-up and our defense was not set at all.

Top Bottom