Tray Jackson is 110% committed to being a Gopher!!!

This sucks. He seemed like a great fit. I hate this

If Pitino can't get a decent recruit the % of him coming back is a lot les than 50%. The Gopher staff better get some good news about a recruit for 2019 soon otherwise Coyle can go find HIS GUY for Gopher bb head coaching job.

per Marcus:

Sunrise Christian Academy (Kan.) four-star 2019 forward Tray Jackson reneged on his commitment to the Gophers on Friday, he announced on his Twitter account.

Jackson, a consensus top-100 prospect, committed to Minnesota on Sept. 10 following his official visit to the U’s campus. He also considered Seton Hall, Oklahoma, Oregon, Missouri and Purdue.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.startribune.com/four-sta...-longer-committed-to-gophers-hoops/498078841/

Go Gophers!!
I love that word ‘Reneged’.

Sheesh! (Shaking My Head)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The new practice facility guaranteed 4 and 5 star recruits. This is hilarious.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackson must of got word Hurt is coming and didn’t want to fight for playing time....

I've cooled on Jackson.

This is exactly why I temper my enthusiasm for "commitments" of 18-year-old kids. I celebrate when they officially sign upon the line which is dotted.

This is exactly why I temper my enthusiasm for "commitments" of 18-year-old kids. I celebrate when they officially sign upon the line which is dotted.

When is the last time we had a decommit in basketball though? Alvin Ellis when Tubby got fired? Flipping a commitment in basketball without a coaching change is not common.

Well, does this subtract 100 percent and he's now down to just 10?

LOL. The initial commitment was a typo. He actually meant "I am 1.00 % committed to becoming a Gopher."

Recruiting is so yucky.

Don't trust anyone who says they are over 100%. My questions us,is the de-commitment all Jackson's doing? Or is it something academic related? I mean he was all over the Gophers and the new facilities before.

When is the last time we had a decommit in basketball though? Alvin Ellis when Tubby got fired? Flipping a commitment in basketball without a coaching change is not common.

Decommitments, while not happening often to the Gophers, do seem to happen fairly frequently in college sports (not just basketball) as young kids do change their minds, especially when they're continually pressured by family, friends and opposing coaches who don't take no for an answer. In 2018 alone there were at least 3 Top 50 players who decommitted from their original school and went elsewhere: Darius Bazley from Syracuse (to the G-League), Tyler Herro from Wisconsin to Kentucky and Shareef O'Neill from Arizona to UCLA.

Don't trust anyone who says they are over 100%. My questions us,is the de-commitment all Jackson's doing? Or is it something academic related? I mean he was all over the Gophers and the new facilities before.

I was also wondering if it was initiated from UM side of the equation if there were concerns about his eligibility. Will probably never know. College recruiting has become so fluid that its hard to know what will happen with this class. Could be weak or could still be quite strong.

The new practice facility guaranteed 4 and 5 star recruits. This is hilarious.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that was never said, why are you being such a d!ck? We needed new facilities to be competitive in recruiting, never was an guarantees!

Gophers still wanted him and met with him this week to try to keep him committed. Missouri has been recruiting him for a long time and I believe he was supposed to visit Mizzou the week after the Minnesota visit but then he committed. They never stopped recruiting him. Wouldn't be surprised if something shady helped them convince him to commit to Mizzou with how quick he flipped there, being in the SEC, and Cuonzo Martin isn't exactly known as a clean coach.

LOL, the life of a Minnesota sports fan. I really only enjoy two Gopher sports: football and basketball. And they seem to be the school’s worst ones (at least the most frustrating). I really wish I liked volleyball! If Lindsay gets the ladies to be contenders, I can get into that to some degree.

Bummer but makes sense. Closer to home and quicker path to playing time with Porter probably going pro after this season. Just sucks losing a versatile big like him. Fit like a glove in Pitino’s system.

He's from Detroit. Nothing about it makes sense except if you assume he's getting paid, which given the school, conference, coach, and context of what we've been hearing in the FBI trial the last 3 weeks, actually seems quite likely here.

If he was always about getting paid then why would he pick Minnesota in the first place? None of us are going to suggest Richard threw money at him when he’s in a desperate situation are we? Until proven otherwise I’m going to assume he views Mizzou a better spot for basketball reasons.

So why exactly did you claim that it was closer to home when he is from Detroit? Easy to find information there.

So why exactly did you claim that it was closer to home when he is from Detroit? Easy to find information there.

I knew he was living in Detroit but thought I saw someone say he was from St. Louis. Must have got prospects mixed up.

Top Bottom