Jeff Brohm

Truth is on the side of time. For me, Jerry Kill and Mike Leach were always linked in my mind in terms of comparing the jobs they did as they each took their new head coaching jobs. I linked them because Leach opening lobbied for the Gopher job and wanted to come here. I will probably always link Fleck and Brohm because they each moved to their new jobs at the same time. If the Purdue program outpaces us over time, Brohm may look like the better hire. In the Leach/Kill comparison, as time passed I migrated from "Leach would have been better" to "Kill is clearly better" to "Leach was better after all" and I may not have made this last switch if Kill had remained healthy. It is possible things will swing back and forth between Fleck and Brohm too.

I thought about Jeff Brohm that I'd loved to have him coach the Gophers if they did not pick Fleck.

Now, I think Fleck is a better fit for the Gophers.

If you mean this game, then no. I didn't want him fired.

October 5, 2013 2:30 PM at No. 17 Michigan Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI (Battle for the Little Brown Jug) ABC/ESPN2 L 13–42 111,079

Nor this game.
October 19, 2013 11:00 AM at Northwestern Ryan Field • Evanston, IL ESPN2 W 20–17 36,578

Nor any of these games from 2013:
October 26 11:00 AM No. 21 Nebraska TCF Bank Stadium • Minneapolis, MN ESPN W 34–23 49,995
November 2 2:30 PM at Indiana Memorial Stadium • Bloomington, IN BTN W 42–39 44,625
November 9 11:00 AM Penn State TCF Bank Stadium • Minneapolis, MN (Battle for the Governor's Victory Bell) ESPN2 W 24–10 48,123
November 23 2:30 PM No. 17 Wisconsin No. 23 TCF Bank Stadium • Minneapolis, MN (Battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe) ESPN L 7–20 53,090
November 30 11:00 AM at No. 11 Michigan State Spartan Stadium • East Lansing, MI BTN L 3–14 71,418
December 27 5:00 PM vs. Syracuse* Reliant Stadium • Houston, TX (Texas Bowl) ESPN L 17–21 32,327

If you mean this game, then yes, I agree.
October 31, 2015 6:00 PM #15 Michigan TCF Bank Stadium • Minneapolis, MN (Little Brown Jug) ESPN L 26–29 50,789[12]

The Michigan game was his first as head coach. And when you said "hard to judge these coaches in less than 7-8 years," what you meant was "hard to judge coaches who are thin and good-looking in 7-8 years." If they're overweight and frumpy, they can be judged after one game.

The Michigan game was his first as head coach. And when you said "hard to judge these coaches in less than 7-8 years," what you meant was "hard to judge coaches who are thin and good-looking in 7-8 years." If they're overweight and frumpy, they can be judged after one game.

As a fellow overweight male, I enjoyed your use of the word frumpy

Spot on.

If there was a Gopherhole post hall of fame, I'd be ordering some bronze for this one to be put on a wall right now.

I think your being a little cruel here. I'm overweight myself.

Did you listen to him on BTN after the lost to Eastern Michigan? He can be crusty with a nasty streak. He hates losing.

Obviously one guy doesn't win a football game ... but Tyler Wiegers was obviously out to prove he could've been a starting Big Ten QB. I think they have a serious chance to win the MAC with him, if he and his team stay healthy. https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...-huge-win-over-big-ten-foe-purdue/1260272002/

Next week huge game at Buffalo. Preview of the MAC championship?? :eek:

Last edited:

dOkiixy.gif

Blake Banham, younger brother of former Gophers Cole and Rachel, had 6 catches for 99 yards in the win for EMU

There is a lot of truth to this post.

Top Bottom