Tailgating-Lot 86/Lot 13

Reaction score
So I received word that Lot 86 has finished construction, and we will have the choice between tailgating there, or at the temporary spot at Lot 13.

I called the parking department, and they didn't know, but I talked to someone this past Saturday, and they said the person taking the passes at 86 said we have the choice.

Anyone else have any info?

The info you heard is correct - Lot 86 passes will be accepted at Lot 13 for the remainder of the season.

Yep, got an email from Gophersports.com indicating we had a choice.

Now...if they'd offer us Lot 13 at the same cost as C-86 going from here....

Yep, got an email from Gophersports.com indicating we had a choice.

Now...if they'd offer us Lot 13 at the same cost as C-86 going from here....

Fingers crossed, but I'm skeptical that will happen.

Is one of those the lot next to the newer surgery/medical building, right off Huron? I passed by that on the way to tailgating by the stadium ... it looked pretty sparse. Hope it got more full closer to game time!

Is one of those the lot next to the newer surgery/medical building, right off Huron? I passed by that on the way to tailgating by the stadium ... it looked pretty sparse. Hope it got more full closer to game time!

That is Lot 13. It has plenty of elbow room. Part of that might be because some are still going to Lot 86. However, even Lot 86 has always been less than full. I don't complain. I don't need the lot to be full to have a good time. Actually we like being able to park in one spot and tailgate in another spot which wouldn't be possible if it were at 100% capacity.

That is Lot 13. It has plenty of elbow room. Part of that might be because some are still going to Lot 86. However, even Lot 86 has always been less than full. I don't complain. I don't need the lot to be full to have a good time. Actually we like being able to park in one spot and tailgate in another spot which wouldn't be possible if it were at 100% capacity.

True.

My previous post is to say nothing of the quality of the tailgating that appeared to be going on, for those there. Flags flying high, tents, food, beverages ... looked great!

We don't know which one we are going to choose yet, its great having Lot 13 so close, but on a beautiful day/night, the walk to and from Lot 86 is nice. Especially when you need to sober up a bit.

We don't know which one we are going to choose yet, its great having Lot 13 so close, but on a beautiful day/night, the walk to and from Lot 86 is nice. Especially when you need to sober up a bit.

I must admit, I like the walk to the stadium on game day. It feels like a little bit of a pilgrimage with all the other fans that gather along the way. But that walk loses some of its appeal when the weather turns cold.

Top Bottom