MD Game...need some info

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
I'm not a regular poster on the FB thread, but here goes

I purchased tickets on Gophersports.com and it says seats are to be determined. Does anyone have any experience with this? What can I expect for seats...good...bad...ugly??

Flying out to DC to celebrate our 25th wedding Anny with the Gopher Football team. :)

I purchased tickets on Gophersports.com and it says seats are to be determined. Does anyone have any experience with this? What can I expect for seats...good...bad...ugly??

Flying out to DC to celebrate our 25th wedding Anny with the Gopher Football team. :)

They'll put you in the designated away section with the other Gopher fans. Where that is all depends on how the Terps handle away fans (probably nosebleed).

I'll be there as well, but bought cheap tickets on StubHub intending to move over to the Gopher section.

We had great seats in 2016...lower deck 10 yard line...we moved over a section to 20 yard line which was half empty...Gophers dominated play, by end of game when Winfield iced it, Gopher fans louder than Terps.

Great road trip for anyone...cheap flights into DC and Baltimore...both towns great food, beer, tourism....Annapolis also a great stop...find a crab shack on the Bay, dine on the deck, drink some Dogfish...some nice college bars downtown...park for free or very cheap out by golf course...

You’ll be with all the other Gopher fans which is very fun. The seats are basically first come first serve. Sometimes stadia have more than one place to put us as well, so the number of tickets sold makes a difference. Never terrible seats, but never great either. Have a blast!!!

The Gopher ticket allotment has been sold out for quite a while now (we ended up buying our tickets on Stubhub). Should be a lot of Gopher fans there. This will be our first time to a game at Maryland - looking forward to it!

gophers at maryland.JPG

We had great seats in 2016...lower deck 10 yard line...we moved over a section to 20 yard line which was half empty...Gophers dominated play, by end of game when Winfield iced it, Gopher fans louder than Terps.

Great road trip for anyone...cheap flights into DC and Baltimore...both towns great food, beer, tourism....Annapolis also a great stop...find a crab shack on the Bay, dine on the deck, drink some Dogfish...some nice college bars downtown...park for free or very cheap out by golf course...

I think there are great deals flying into BWI. If you have the time and $$$ to spend, I like the sound of your Annapolis crab shack weekend! Would be fun ...

Breakfast place called Miss Sally’s is fantastic...some great crab options.

We stayed in downtown DC & took the train to College Park.

Don't expect a wild college atmosphere, but still a fun trip. Stadium is fine; nothing great but nothing terrible. Have a good time.....you won't have a bad one!

We are staying in Baltimore near the harbor. We have not been to a game there either. I am looking forward to it. I bought our tix off Stub Hub for really cheap.

I need to buy tickets and figure out my plane tickets as well. Should be fun though!

One of the discount airlines always offers sales into BWI, Southwest? Sun Country?

DC sites are once-in-a-lifetime, Annapolis also a terrific place to visit. College Park is just outside of DC on the Baltimore side in Prince Georges County suburbia. Nice campus - I went to school there. Should be a great game, too.

I've always thought specific seats for away games were TBD because they were based on Gopher points, along with what the home team gives us. We were at Maryland two years ago and the Minnesota section was in the lower level on the sideline at one end by the end zone. The stadium size, attendance, etc., are all pretty similar to ours. It was a great trip and I wish we were going again this year.

I have two in the Gopher section. Had to cancel this trip because of a health issue. Sec. 4 Row G. Tickets were $50 each, I will take best offer. I have the tickets in hand and if you local, I will meet you for delivery. PM me if interested.

I have two in the Gopher section. Had to cancel this trip because of a health issue. Sec. 4 Row G. Tickets were $50 each, I will take best offer. I have the tickets in hand and if you local, I will meet you for delivery. PM me if interested.

Sent you a message!

We stayed in downtown DC & took the train to College Park.

Don't expect a wild college atmosphere, but still a fun trip. Stadium is fine; nothing great but nothing terrible. Have a good time.....you won't have a bad one!

I don't know DC at all. We're staying on Rhode Island and 16th Ave NW. Hoping someone can help. Is a train or bus the best option to get out to the game? How long of a trip? Would a cab be too expensive? Thank You

Maryland follows the same procedure as the other Big Ten schools as to visitor seats. Will spread everyone out through out the stadium. Some here, some there. No organized “cheering” section. Different from the Pac12 and the SEC.

Maryland follows the same procedure as the other Big Ten schools as to visitor seats. Will spread everyone out through out the stadium. Some here, some there. No organized “cheering” section. Different from the Pac12 and the SEC.

That wasn't the case when I was there in 2016.

In fact, their seating chart confirms that is not the case.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...KHayUBXEQ9QEwAnoECAAQBA#imgrc=7EuJhArQIelP9M:

The blue sections are labeled as "visiting section".

As far as your tickets, you will receive them probably this week or next. They came the day before we flew out if I remember right. And they are assigned by Gopher Score.

We went with Creative Charters and had a blast. They had a really nice package two years ago - very reasonably priced.

Anywhere in DC isn't far from a train station that will get you to another train that gets you to the game. If you're in DC it's very easy to get to. We used Uber to get around when we weren't with the charter group and it was easy to get around.

Last edited:

That wasn't the case when I was there in 2016.

In fact, their seating chart confirms that is not the case.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...KHayUBXEQ9QEwAnoECAAQBA#imgrc=7EuJhArQIelP9M:

The blue sections are labeled as "visiting section".

As far as your tickets, you will receive them probably this week or next. They came the day before we flew out if I remember right. And they are assigned by Gopher Score.

We went with Creative Charters and had a blast. They had a really nice package two years ago - very reasonably priced.

Anywhere in DC isn't far from a train station that will get you to another train that gets you to the game. If you're in DC it's very easy to get to. We used Uber to get around when we weren't with the charter group and it was easy to get around.

On TV last year it looked like the majority of the gopher fans were on the "sunny' side of the stadium in the lower deck near the goal line to the right in the open end near that brick building , in fairly large numbers. The Maryland students and band were all in the opposite endzone on the left of the screen. It looked like a pretty good set up for a road game.

Also the Gophers do not really spread out the visiting fans much either. There are a few rows down below by the tunnel around 104 or 105 for the VIPs, wives, families ect, and the rest of the visiting fans get put into 101, 102, 103 and if needed then over on the far NW upper deck.

Last edited:

When not eating blue crab....If you want to have some of the best Pizza you've ever eaten...go to Ledo's in College Park.

I'd would have been planning a trip to Maryland this year for sure if it had worked out. There is a lot to do in the Baltimore/ DC area and the weather is very nice this in the fall.

Back in 2003 I was in DC the week before the Penn State game and rode a bicycle all over DC and make a one night trip down to Virginia Beach before heading up to State College before sunrise for the 14-0 win.

It was a great trip, hanging out in old town Alexandria at night, and drinking coffee on the mall and riding my bike all over the place.

I wanted to get to Annapolis but ran out of time, but I did get up to Baltimore one afternoon saw a bunch of stuff around the baseball stadium and inner harbor. I'd make this trip in a second if I could now that MD is in the Big Ten.

Rutgers is an appealing trip as well, but Baltimore area is a little more compact and easy to get around due to the WMATA system, and closeness of the campus to the main metro area. If Rutgers was in downtown Newark it might be a lot easier, but I will get to Rutgers as well at some point.

I don't know DC at all. We're staying on Rhode Island and 16th Ave NW. Hoping someone can help. Is a train or bus the best option to get out to the game? How long of a trip? Would a cab be too expensive? Thank You

The train system will take you from very near where you are taking. Take a look at the WMATA (train system), I believe there is a College Park stop.https://www.wmata.com/schedules/tri...ng=9&day-leaving=11&route=T&walk-distance=.75

85 minutes right now from Dupont Circle, probably faster ealier in the day when there are more trains and shuttles running

https://www.wmata.com/schedules/tri...ng=9&day-leaving=11&route=T&walk-distance=.75

Last edited:

We stayed in DC and Uber'd to the game with a group of 6 in an UberXL, Cost was $45 each way split 6 ways, not too bad took about 45 minutes. There is a bar area (Cornerstone Bar) that is within walking distance of the stadium that you can hang out at after the game that was a lot of fun last time.

I bought 10 tickets on Stub Hub for $100.00 with fee's the cheapest I could find... I think that's the best way to go.. Find the Gopher folks and then move over.. It's like our stadium in that there are empty seats everywhere. Only go through the Gopher ticket office for games like Michigan, Iowa or Nebraska.. Have a great trip..

Top Bottom