Tyler Johnson, Rashad Bateman rank 5, 7 among Big Ten WRs

If we could just simulate a game for TJ and he get that first pass drop thing out of his system ...

Johnson and Bateman are a very legitimate WR duo. Glad we have them for two full years together.

T Smith, Cashman among Big Ten leaders in tackling

Johnson looks like an NFL receiver, just from a physical standpoint. Curious to see what scouts think about him now in that regard.

Number 6 is a great wide receiver but let's remember he was a QB coming out of high school. This is all learning process for him and his ceiling is unlimited. Number 82, OMG.

Johnson looks like an NFL receiver, just from a physical standpoint. Curious to see what scouts think about him now in that regard.

I'm no scout and think TJ is an excellent college receiver but I don't really see him at the next level. His hands are somewhat inconsistent - if he had truly elite size or speed teams may overlook that and take a chance, but with average size and speed there are probably a lot more "sure bets" out there. He is a great route-runner, though, so maybe some GM may see something. Either way - beyond thrilled he is on our team and would love to be completely wrong in my assessment!

I'm no scout and think TJ is an excellent college receiver but I don't really see him at the next level. His hands are somewhat inconsistent - if he had truly elite size or speed teams may overlook that and take a chance, but with average size and speed there are probably a lot more "sure bets" out there. He is a great route-runner, though, so maybe some GM may see something. Either way - beyond thrilled he is on our team and would love to be completely wrong in my assessment!

Wouldn’t you say the same thing about Thielen? I’d certainly make the case that what makes TJ great is the same thing that makes AT great... Crisp route running, underrated speed, and generally really nice hands. I assume Thielen is a little taller, but similar build. I don’t see any reason he can’t be a middle round pick?

Wouldn’t you say the same thing about Thielen? I’d certainly make the case that what makes TJ great is the same thing that makes AT great... Crisp route running, underrated speed, and generally really nice hands. I assume Thielen is a little taller, but similar build. I don’t see any reason he can’t be a middle round pick?

I actually agree with GopherHomer right now. TJ is only about a 4.6 40 guy, which will hurt his stock. I also wonder about the size of his hands and if that leads to some of the drops. Thielen is faster than people give him credit for, he ran a 4.45 40.

TJ is a very good college receiver and continues to get better. It's exciting pairing him, Bateman, CAB and the others together, but Bateman has the higher NFL upside. CAB might as well.

So exciting to watch this WR corps. CAB has been making some really tough catches and Douglas and Howard are not bad options for 4th and 5th receivers.

Absolutely. Thielen was undrafted and proved himself. I expect TJ will have to do the same, and I hope he does.

TJ, Bateman, CAB, DD ... great crop of receivers. And this offense is built around getting the ball to the wide-outs, on the passing side. Keep up the great work men!

Top Bottom