Week 2 Big Ten Power Rankings

Winfield, Coughlin, Cashman, Martin, Barber, Shenault, Huff, Huff, Carpenter, Tyler Johnson, Smith, Brooks, DeLattiboudere, Weyler, Greene, Moore, Beebe, Devers, Jordahl, Gibson, Morse, Dovich, Oseland, Witham, Durr were all part of that 9-win team in 2016 as contributors...Olson, Schlueter, Kiondre, FemiCole, Herbers all part of that team.

Were they part of last years team that UW beat by a million . I love what Fleck is doing but it is going to be a long time to reach the top 5 in the conference.

Were they part of last years team that UW beat by a million . I love what Fleck is doing but it is going to be a long time to reach the top 5 in the conference.

It's gotta be tough to be a good football program like Wisconsin and still not have people think of you in the same sense they do Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska... and they just never will...

It's gotta be tough to be a good football program like Wisconsin and still not have people think of you in the same sense they do Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska... and they just never will...

That has to be frustrating this year for as much as they have coming back.
They are CFP caliber.

Pretty sure UW is pleased with the tremendous success they have had and they are still aiming higher. Of course the will never be thought of like any of historical powers. It is like the Vikings will never have the historical success of the Packers but that does not mean you stop trying. Besides, the fans have a blast going to conference title games and Rose Bowls. They have what we want.

Pretty sure UW is pleased with the tremendous success they have had and they are still aiming higher. Of course the will never be thought of like any of historical powers. It is like the Vikings will never have the historical success of the Packers but that does not mean you stop trying. Besides, the fans have a blast going to conference title games and Rose Bowls. They have what we want.

It is nice having went to a traditional power school such as Minnesota... Badger/Packer fans always try to claim history in the NFL, but somehow magically history doesn’t exist in college football...

Here are my power rankings after week 2:

Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Michigan
Iowa
Michigan State
Maryland
Minnesota
Northwestern
Indiana
Nebraska
Purdue
Illinois
Rutgers

It is nice having went to a traditional power school such as Minnesota... Badger/Packer fans always try to claim history in the NFL, but somehow magically history doesn’t exist in college football...

Are you serious or just being sarcastic? Don't you think the significance of historical eras fades over time? No one thinks of Japan as a traditional military power today.

Wisconsin is no flash in the pan. They've been very good football program for 25 years. That's more than enough "history" in college sports.

Here's my rankings by tier:

Ohio State
Wisconsin

Penn State
Michigan
Iowa
Maryland
Michigan State

Minnesota
Northwestern
Nebraska
Indiana
Purdue

Illinois
Rutgers

Here's my rankings by tier:

Ohio State - Best of the Big Ten
Wisconsin - Challenging OSU

Penn State - Not quite as good as OSU and WI
Michigan - Fighting for third best in the East
Iowa - Not as good as WI.
Maryland - Not as good as Michigan
Michigan State - Not as good as Maryland and Michigan

Minnesota - Better than NW.
Northwestern - Not as good as Minn
Nebraska - Not as good as NW
Indiana - Better than Purdue
Purdue - Stumbling. Not looking as good as NW, NEB, and Ind.

Illinois - Bottom of the Big Ten but better than Rutgers
Rutgers - Bottom of Big Ten

And here it is with comments.

And here it is with comments.

After two weeks, I think that is fair. Definitely will be some movement as the season goes on. I think Purdue and NW will move up ... they just had bad games in week 2. Not sure on Nebraska yet. Michigan St might be moving down this season. Maryland I think will move down .

Top Bottom