Maryland with some votes to get to #30 in poll

swingman

Reaction score
if they beat Temple, could be a chance for a top 25 win for Gophers...I like how our front 7 defensive speed matches up vs their offense...would be fun to get to 4-0 and have a bye to prep for homecoming v hawks

Iowa fringe top 25 as well...get UNI then Bucky before a bye then our game

Didn't they beat Texas? If so, I'm sure that had much to do with the votes

Last week. Neither team looked any different compared to last year's game. MD was 4-8, TX 6-6 in regular season last year. Completely miffed as to how TX got ranked preseason 2018.

Bowling Green was 2-10 last year. Texas barely beat Tulsa this week...also 2-10 last year.

Last week. Neither team looked any different compared to last year's game. MD was 4-8, TX 6-6 in regular season last year. Completely miffed as to how TX got ranked preseason 2018.

Bowling Green was 2-10 last year. Texas barely beat Tulsa this week...also 2-10 last year.

Maryland was also much healthier when they beat Texas last year then they were when they played us. They also played one of the most difficult schedules in the country last year. Also, this isn't last year.

Didn't they beat Texas? If so, I'm sure that had much to do with the votes

Wish I could say this joke is my own, but pretty sure I saw it on r/CFB:

Everyone's preseason rankings:
1. Bama
2.-24. ????
25. Texas.

Texas is trash and has been for a number of years, and yet they crack the top 25 to start the season every year based on reputation alone. Last time they finishes in top 25 was 2012.

I get that we cant say much, but they are a "blue blood" and should be doing way better.

Unfortunately, even when Texas isn't that good, the perception is that beating Texas is a huge win.

Wish I could say this joke is my own, but pretty sure I saw it on r/CFB:

Everyone's preseason rankings:
1. Bama
2.-24. ????
25. Texas.

Texas is trash and has been for a number of years, and yet they crack the top 25 to start the season every year based on reputation alone. Last time they finishes in top 25 was 2012.

I get that we cant say much, but they are a "blue blood" and should be doing way better.

Yes, this.

Speaking of Texas Herman was supposed to be the hot prospect that year....... looking like not so much .... :O

Maryland was also much healthier when they beat Texas last year then they were when they played us. They also played one of the most difficult schedules in the country last year. Also, this isn't last year.

My point is pretty clear, MD's two wins are against a terrible G5 team and a TX team that barely beat a bad G5 team.

My point is pretty clear, MD's two wins are against a terrible G5 team and a TX team that barely beat a bad G5 team.

Not really, just because they were bad last year doesn't mean they are bad this year. The Gophers were a bad team last year, they are not as bad this year.

Which of these teams do you want above Maryland?

Others Receiving Votes: Utah (2-0) 92; Texas A&M (1-1) 90; Boston College (2-0) 45; Houston (2-0) 32;

Maryland (2-0) 30;

Colorado (2-0) 25; Iowa (2-0) 23; Kentucky (2-0) 19; Duke (2-0) 10; North Carolina State (2-0) 9; Ole Miss (2-0) 5; Hawaii (3-0) 5; Washington State (2-0) 4; South Florida (2-0) 3; South Carolina (1-1) 2; Florida State (1-1) 1

Anywhere from 15 to 25 and up can be a crap shoot even late in the year. It's just hard to call those teams.

There is a world where we beat Maryland and Iowa and get ranked 23-25 somewhere before losing to OSU.

Others Receiving Votes: Utah (2-0) 92; Texas A&M (1-1) 90; Boston College (2-0) 45; Houston (2-0) 32;

Maryland (2-0) 30;

Colorado (2-0) 25; Iowa (2-0) 23; Kentucky (2-0) 19; Duke (2-0) 10; North Carolina State (2-0) 9; Ole Miss (2-0) 5; Hawaii (3-0) 5; Washington State (2-0) 4; South Florida (2-0) 3; South Carolina (1-1) 2; Florida State (1-1) 1

Iowa, NC State, Colorado, Duke, Ole Miss, and Washington St. are all undefeated Power 5 teams and have better resumes to date than Maryland. Iowa and Duke (at least) should both be ranked - it's hard to believe they aren't. Duke kicked the crap out of Army and Northwestern, both of whom were 10-win teams last year. Maryland beat a Texas team that shouldn't have been anywhere near the Top 25 if not for reputation (they're a top 40/50-type team), and a terrible BGSU team. Seriously, BGSU is one of the worst FBS teams. Hell, even our resume is equally as impressive at this point.

Terps are much better than last year. Finally healthy. When they beat Gophers last year, they did it with their 3rd string QB because 4 star starter Kasim Hill was injured as well as their second string QB Pilgrome. The Terps have explosive athletes all over the field this year which I believe will present the Gophers some real problems. As far as Texas, let's just say they are much better than Fresno State.

Iowa, NC State, Colorado, Duke, Ole Miss, and Washington St. are all undefeated Power 5 teams and have better resumes to date than Maryland. Iowa and Duke (at least) should both be ranked - it's hard to believe they aren't. Duke kicked the crap out of Army and Northwestern, both of whom were 10-win teams last year. Maryland beat a Texas team that shouldn't have been anywhere near the Top 25 if not for reputation (they're a top 40/50-type team), and a terrible BGSU team. Seriously, BGSU is one of the worst FBS teams. Hell, even our resume is equally as impressive at this point.

Duke is a good point.

a Texas team that shouldn't have been anywhere near the Top 25 if not for reputation (they're a top 40/50-type team)

You're wishing/hoping this is true. There isn't enough data yet to prove it. Next two weeks huge for them.

Maryland (2-0) 30;

I see one writer was impressed by Florida St.'s comeback win over Samford.

We know for a fact, two (three) weekends into the season, that Texas won’t end up being a top 25 team??

Can't state it any plainer than I did, he was referring to TX being top 25 preseason.

Terps are much better than last year. Finally healthy. When they beat Gophers last year, they did it with their 3rd string QB because 4 star starter Kasim Hill was injured as well as their second string QB Pilgrome. The Terps have explosive athletes all over the field this year which I believe will present the Gophers some real problems. As far as Texas, let's just say they are much better than Fresno State.
field

Gophs are much better than last year. When they got beat by the Terps last year, they did not have Croft or McGhee eligible and Winfield got hurt. Weyler and Douglas and Autman Bell were hurt as well. The Gophs have explosive athletes all over the field this year which I believe will present the Terrapins some real problems. As far as Texas, I'm not sure they are much better than Fresno State. Maryland lost some big time talent to the NFL. In year zero under Canada, short a coach and a strength coach. Lot of distractions offseason and ongoing.

I see one writer was impressed by Florida St.'s comeback win over Samford.

There were 5 or 6 writers that had Michigan St ahead of Arizona State coming off Michigan St losing to the Sun Devils this week. 1-1 Michigan State shouldn’t be ranked with their hold on win over Utah St. they’ll most likely fall out next week once the posters who submitted early ballots before the end of their west coast game have an opportunity to re-evaluate during a bye. I can see a few bubble teams getting in this week. There are only 2 ranked vs ranked opponents this week

Boise St (#17) vs Oklahoma St (#24)
Ohio St (#4) vs TCU (#15)

Also, Texas is Favored vs #22 USC. USC is only ranked underdog this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

field

Gophs are much better than last year. When they got beat by the Terps last year, they did not have Croft or McGhee eligible and Winfield got hurt. Weyler and Douglas and Autman Bell were hurt as well. The Gophs have explosive athletes all over the field this year which I believe will present the Terrapins some real problems. As far as Texas, I'm not sure they are much better than Fresno State. Maryland lost some big time talent to the NFL. In year zero under Canada, short a coach and a strength coach. Lot of distractions offseason and ongoing.

I follow both teams very closely. I don’t believe gophers have near the talent Terps have overall from top to bottom. If you look at the last two recruiting classes alone, Terps have been recruiting at a far higher level. This usually translates to better talent on field and l just think the Terps have that

I follow both teams very closely. I don’t believe gophers have near the talent Terps have overall from top to bottom. If you look at the last two recruiting classes alone, Terps have been recruiting at a far higher level. This usually translates to better talent on field and l just think the Terps have that

The Terps have been loading up on talent. I think having Canada step in for Durkin has been a blessing in disguise. They could really ruffle some feathers
this year. Hill and Pigrome are both dangerous QBs. They have certainly looked like a top 25 team thus far.

Then make hay while the sun shines. The summer tragedy appears to be impacting 2019 recruiting and depending how it all plays out, perhaps for a few years to come.

Despite the better recruiting classes, success has yet to materialize. The were not competitive in a majority of their games last year, even falling to Rutgers.

Top Bottom