Maryland with some votes to get to #30 in poll

That statement would be false if Texas ends up being a top 25 team. Pretty plain, pretty simple.

No it wouldnt. They did not deserve to be ranked in the Top 25 preseason. If they win enough later on to earn a top 25 rating they will deserve it then but it doesnt retroactively make it more reasonable when they were coming off a 7-6 season. Their ranking was based on name nothing else.

Pretty plain, pretty simple.

Then make hay while the sun shines. The summer tragedy appears to be impacting 2019 recruiting and depending how it all plays out, perhaps for a few years to come.

Despite the better recruiting classes, success has yet to materialize. The were not competitive in a majority of their games last year, even falling to Rutgers.

The two good recruiting classes were 2017 and 2018. So the benefit of those classes one would expect to materialize this year and next as the players get experience etc. These players should be around the next few years...so I expect Terps to be decent next year as well. But, yes 2019 off to a shaky start. A good season this year could turn that around, however.

I see one writer was impressed by Florida St.'s comeback win over Samford.

this. the polls are flawed and filled with name and recency bias. I really wish no poll would come out until week 4 at the minimum so we actually have a better barometer to THIS season.

If they win enough later on to earn a top 25 rating they will deserve it then but it doesnt retroactively make it more reasonable when they were coming off a 7-6 season.

This is simply wrong. Preseason ranking should have nothing to do with the previous season. It should be what players are returning, what coaches are returning, what's the potential of the team.

This is simply wrong. Preseason ranking should have nothing to do with the previous season. It should be what players are returning, what coaches are returning, what's the potential of the team.

Its not. You can think it is and that is fine but everyone else seems to understand what dpdoll was getting at except you.

Is the Maryland Head Coach now coaching? As I remember he was suspended. Anybody notice whether they loss some commitments due to the mistreatment or players? One would certainly think so.

Is the Maryland Head Coach now coaching? As I remember he was suspended. Anybody notice whether they loss some commitments due to the mistreatment or players? One would certainly think so.

reports are players have really rallied around Coach Matt Canada who was OC for LSU last year. Some Gopher fans might remember Canada as being the Offensive Coordinator for Wisconsin during their 2012 Rose Bowl run where they destroyed Nebraska in the championship game (https://madison.com/sports/college/...cle_d7184300-5151-11e2-86ec-001a4bcf887a.html). The real question is whether Maryland will take the interim tag off soon.

Maryland lost one recruit (he was wavering before the McNair tragedy) and gained another last week.

Top Bottom