Five Takeaways from Minnesota comeback victory over Fresno State

I like the analysis but so many typos, weird sentences, etc that its very hard to read. Its like a rough draft a middle schooler hands in then the teacher does edits.

I’d volunteer to proof read for him.

Wow. I'm a refugee from nearly 20 years in journalism. When you **** up two of the first six words in your report, you leave the reader wondering if you are a trustworthy source on anything.

Sid fashioned a hell of a career without being able to spell "cat" if you spotted him a "C' and a "T," but I don't know if that's possible anymore. Yes, social media and a disintegrating educational system are rendering Americans mostly illiterate, but still ... if you're making your living as a writer, for Christ's sake learn to write. And spell. And grammar. (Yeah, I know that last one is ****ed up. But you got the message, right?)

JTG

I value what Burns writes over either of the daily paper beat guys and any of the TV/Radio guys.

I will say he seems Fleck-like in his hyperbole when he says the fourth quarter offense was all freshmen. Accurate if we want to ignore Tyler Johnson, Seth Green, Ko Kieft, Emmitt Carpenter, Donnell Greene, Jared Wyler, Sam Schlueter, Conner Olson, Phil Howard.

Wow. I'm a refugee from nearly 20 years in journalism. When you **** up two of the first six words in your report, you leave the reader wondering if you are a trustworthy source on anything.

Sid fashioned a hell of a career without being able to spell "cat" if you spotted him a "C' and a "T," but I don't know if that's possible anymore. Yes, social media and a disintegrating educational system are rendering Americans mostly illiterate, but still ... if you're making your living as a writer, for Christ's sake learn to write. And spell. And grammar. (Yeah, I know that last one is ****ed up. But you got the message, right?)

I don't think it has anything to do with the educational system. Has more to do with the erosion of traditional journalism, where writers actually had editors. Now people just type away and post it online before anyone else looks at it.

Welcome to the Internet Age.

I like the analysis but so many typos, weird sentences, etc that its very hard to read. Its like a rough draft a middle schooler hands in then the teacher does edits.

I’d volunteer to proof read for him.

You probably should start by proof reading your post.

I don't think it has anything to do with the educational system. Has more to do with the erosion of traditional journalism, where writers actually had editors. Now people just type away and post it online before anyone else looks at it.

Bingo.

You probably should start by proof reading your post.

You’re right, my forum post from my cell phone is similar to someone who does it for a living and wants people to pay for content.

Also, not entirely sure whats wrong with my post?

You’re right, my forum post from my cell phone is similar to someone who does it for a living and wants people to pay for content.

Also, not entirely sure whats wrong with my post?

Its

Top Bottom