Miami of Ohio shut out by Cinci.

btowngopher

Reaction score
Miami of Ohio will come in at 0-2 after losing to Marshall at home to open the year and then being shut out by Cinci. They have an experience QB that seems pretty good at not turning the ball over, but isn't super efficient in completion percentage. They really only seem to have one weapon at WR, and the running game is pretty weak. Being that this will be the first road game of the year for Miami (OH), I expect a solid win by 14+ points. I haven't really expect the gophers to bury an opponent since the Mason days, but all the momentum is going in the right direction for us, while Miami (OH) is off to a disappointing start. They played both Marshall and Cinci in 2017 and suffered close losses to both, it must be tough to open by losing two games they thought they had a chance at.

It looks like Miami of Ohio will be facing another team that uses the Wildcat Offense.

This was a one score game going into the 4th quarter. Final is a bit deceptive.

Like PJ Fleck mentioned in the press conference, Miami of Ohio is a team you cannot sleep on.

We’re too young to sleep in anyone and expect a win.

PJ Fleck is the most diplomatically tactful guy with press conferences. You wonder what the coaches think in private.

They are a veteran team with a good QB. Yesterday they played in bad weather, which factored heavily into the outcome. They are not pushovers, and
will come in hungry after losing to two rivals.

Of course the Gophers should win, but I think this Miami team is similar in caliber to the Buffalo team that played them tough last year.

Gotta love Gopher fans.

This game will be something like 35-10.

Last edited:

Going down Memory Lane for Coach Mase if I remember correctly it was Miami of Ohio where Asad Abdul Kaliq had his debut and was literally killed on his first play.

The O-line completely collapsed and he was hit hard and pretty much had a concussion. It was right in front of our seats in the Dome and I've never quite forgotten.

Post-college he admitted he never really worked as hard as he should have...but I've always thought that hit at the start of his career messed him up.

Going down Memory Lane for Coach Mase if I remember correctly it was Miami of Ohio where Asad Abdul Kaliq had his debut and was literally killed on his first play.

The O-line completely collapsed and he was hit hard and pretty much had a concussion. It was right in front of our seats in the Dome and I've never quite forgotten.

Post-college he admitted he never really worked as hard as he should have...but I've always thought that hit at the start of his career messed him up.

How did I miss that?

If getting "killed" on your first play from scrimmage causes you to not work hard for the rest of your career, I guess you've got problems no one can help you with. Kaliq seemed a very talented but very lazy player who tried when he felt like it.

Top Bottom