Terrell Smith

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I’m blown away by how good Smith looks through two games. He was one on one with their best receiver a lot and I thought shut him down quite well. Didn’t give up hardly any yards after the catch, defended a couple deep balls perfectly and had a really nice interception.

I need to rewatch the game since being there makes it where you miss some stuff but he was outstanding. Really, really excited to see him progress. A huge addition to the defensive backfield.

Fleck said on the JG show this morning that he is faster than Myrick. He was amazing last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck said on the JG show this morning that he is faster than Myrick. He was amazing last night.

Wow. I believe it was smith on a deep ball between the hashes who looked beat, caught up to the play and knocked it away before it got to the received. Excellent ball tracking skills on that play.

I’m blown away by how good Smith looks through two games. He was one on one with their best receiver a lot and I thought shut him down quite well. Didn’t give up hardly any yards after the catch, defended a couple deep balls perfectly and had a really nice interception.

I need to rewatch the game since being there makes it where you miss some stuff but he was outstanding. Really, really excited to see him progress. A huge addition to the defensive backfield.

Terell. One R.

Yeah, he’s good. He definitely doesn’t look like a true Freshman. That’s a hell of a win to get him to come up here from Georgia.

Maybe in the 100 and 200 Terrell is faster but I doubt he has a better 40 time.

Myrick has the fastest 40 time of any Big Ten player ever in the combine era and the fastest 40 for any DB in the country since 2010 I believe.

Maybe in the 100 and 200 Terrell is faster but I doubt he has a better 40 time.

Myrick has the fastest 40 time of any Big Ten player ever in the combine era and the fastest 40 for any DB in the country since 2010 I believe.

You are correct. It was the 100 he mentioned.

Wow. I believe it was smith on a deep ball between the hashes who looked beat, caught up to the play and knocked it away before it got to the received. Excellent ball tracking skills on that play.

Yes. I remember that highlight play. Very impressive. Impressive high school track numbers in his GS.com bio: https://gophersports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1136

Had the pick earlier in the game too

Last edited:

We were so worried about our DB situation at the beginning of noncon.

His length, speed, and strength at a young age reminds me of Willie Middlebrooks. The secondary is so much better than last year right now. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy.

Educated post. He’s been fantastic so far.

Let's see how it plays out.... very encouraging so far, but not out of the woods IMO.

Well, *IF* TS continues to play at this high level and stays healthy, and *IF* Williamson (transfer from Florida) can play at a similarly high level and stay healthy once he gets back, and *IF* Winfield continues to play at a high level and stays healthy .... that's pretty good! Just need solid play at the other safety and nickle.

Many good high quality players in the mid to high 3-Stars that the top P5 schools will ultimately miss or not have room for may become game changers for schools in the bottom to mid-tier P5 schools who are astute or lucky enough to get them.

I am not surprised at how hard this Gopher coaching staff is working to find these type of players. How many more Terell Smiths and Rashod Batemans are out there?

Well, *IF* TS continues to play at this high level and stays healthy, and *IF* Williamson (transfer from Florida) can play at a similarly high level and stay healthy once he gets back, and *IF* Winfield continues to play at a high level and stays healthy .... that's pretty good! Just need solid play at the other safety and nickle.

Just an FYI (in case you missed it because it was brief) - Williamson got some run against Fresno State. I assume because Kiondre Thomas was out, but I look forward to seeing what Williamson can do when healthy.

We were so worried about our DB situation at the beginning of noncon.

In our defense, it's unrealistic expect a true fr to emerge as one of the best players in your secondary.

In our defense, it's unrealistic expect a true fr to emerge as one of the best players in your secondary.

True, but its the second time its happened in 3 years (Winfield Jr, T. Smith) that I can think of

Just an FYI (in case you missed it because it was brief) - Williamson got some run against Fresno State. I assume because Kiondre Thomas was out, but I look forward to seeing what Williamson can do when healthy.

I did miss it, thank you for correcting me! Indeed, can't wait until he's full go!

Top Bottom